Help picking a new sub.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 164
I am planning to order a new 15" soon and I am not quite decided on what i want, i talked to a few people and did my own research, and was wondering what anyones opinions on the following companies are.

AQ Hcd3 - $269 - $330, and what is the difference in coils?

SSA Icon - $295

Fi Q loaded - $324

FI BL loaded - $320

AA Havoc - $340?

One of these 15"s will be going in an est 4.5 cuft box tuend to 33-34 Run off a sae-1200d or a AQ1200d
I am looking for good low end support, with pretty good sound quality but still gets loud. I had a Loaded SSD running off of a kicker zx100.1 before and i am looking to get louder and have better SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1373
the Q on the sae-1200d sounds the best to me. if you where in Atlanta i would demo you my 15" Q. i have heard good things about the icon.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 165
I have heard good things about the Q, and i am considering it highly, but i was kind of thinking of brands outside of Fi just to see what else is out there too and get feed back on it, The Q is high on my list thouhg.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1375
the other subs i like right now that are not ultra high end are the ssa icon, and the xcon, all of sundown's products are great but i am a fan boy., AQ i am shakie on, if you can afford them the TC sounds subs, PSI has some nice toys.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 166
My budget is around $350-450ish shipped for a woofer. I am leaning more toward toward the sae for my amp, but im debating on weather getting fact. refurb for $250 or waiting and saving and buying an $300 sae or $400 sax new. But im not sure what the difference in the two is. Also another option for a woofer i over looked was the DC Sound Labs Level 3 or 4. I have no experience with this sub so i was wondering if anyone has used these.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 168
Also, are there any good subs to look for used around that price range?

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2183
the lv 3 will have great sq with a good bottom end but will be best on 1k in 3cf box or run it sealed for optimal sq

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15330
the lvl 3's had great sq guys I seriously considered the sub

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 901
Since the original post was made, the 2010 Icon's were released and their price dropped.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15420
what is the new price

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 902
The October 2010 price is $259 for the Icon12 with copper coil.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15448
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us