Kicker L5

Username: Dubk777

Post Number: 4
Wanted to buy a pair of L5s BUT Numerous people have told me not to kuz of quality in general. Any suggestions on something better? Price range up to 250 apiece

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1719
What are your goals as far as sq spl and sql. Also what do you have for an amplifier?

Username: Dubk777

Post Number: 5
Well I'm looking for more sound quality than just loudness but don't if that is do able with a 15. Do I have to go 12 instead?. Amp I have right now is a 1600 performance teknique icbm 8940.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11343
The size of the sub has NOTHING to do with how good it does or does not sound... just wanted to get that out of the way...

Also that amp being a 2 channel is not ideal for subs... but if you want to use it, it's rated for 480w

A Fi SSD would work well with that if it really does 480 watts. But the Fi Q is the sub i'd really like to recommend although you would need a 1000-1500w amp to really bring that to life.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1169
One 15" Fi Q in the proper enclosure will get plenty loud and low, plus sound great. The enclosure the sub is in will help to achieve whatever type of listening goal you're shooting for. If SQ is what you're looking for and not just overall loudness, definitely do not go with a Kicker L5, they're a total opposite from what you're going for. Good amps to look into are going to be AudioQue and Sundown Audio. Kicker does make decent amps though, so they could also be a good choice in amps for you.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1170
I like this video a lot. Shows just what a Fi sub can do with proper power in a good enclosure.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1171
The Q we are talking about will be able to handle more power, of course be larger in size and have even more excursion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us