Nine.1

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1153
When the specs say this amp is 64% efficient I'm assuming that is at 1 ohm correct? I don't see a statement for efficiency at a 4 ohm load. Anyone know?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 407
i would have to think so, most mono channel amps are usually around 80% at 4 ohms. so that would be quite low if it was 4 ohms and that would mean 1 ohm would be even lower than that
but thats kinda bad marketing if thats all they say lol

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1154
I'm thinking of going with this amp for a new setup I'm going to do. I sold the w7 since it took up my entire trunk and I'm going to run a sealed 10" Fi Q. I'm not shooting for crazy output, just something that is going to leave me some trunk space and still have decent output and SQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
well i have heard those nine.1 are not the most efficient amp and with a stock electrical you would more than likely not be able to use its full potential. but i have never had experience with ed myself so this is all from what i have heard

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1155
I just like how they're rated at 12.5 volts vs 14.4. That could be why they're less efficient. It's definitely between that or the AQ1200D or a SAX1200D. I plan to run the Q at 4 ohm to break it in then 1 ohm once it is.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1262
i broke mine in on 1600 watts @ 2 ohms because 3500-4k at .5 ohms would be to much lol. most of sundown is rated at 12.8V.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1263
or apparently the 3000D will do 6k at .5

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2310
"or apparently the 3000D will do 6k at .5"

i highly doubt that. only way i see that happening is on a 16 or 18v setup.

the nine.1 is a great amp.....its just not as efficient as the other two listed.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1264
i think that it is at a 16V setup witch means ~18-19V charge.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 429
id go with sundown or aq. from wat ive read ed isnt known for customer service. when spending that much money i want great product and great customer service. and that sundown will do rated power at 12.8, jacob said all his amps will do rated at 12.8. and as for the break in period(which many say is a myth) you could wire it 1 ohm from the start and just leave the gain down and work it up as time goes by

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 744
You never thought of maybe just running the w7 in a sealed box? I always liked those subs...except for the price.

As far as the break in,i ran my Q @ 1ohm on my aq1200. Did just what zack said,slowly turned my gain up over time.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1156
I'm trying to free up some room in my trunk and go as compact as possible at the same time. I was thinking sealed at first but now I'm thinking going with aero ports won't make the enclosure all that much bigger. I figure I'll run 1k rms to the sub after its break in period and have the box turned to 30 Hz. I've been emailing Dustin and I believe we're set on a one cubic foot enclosure for the 10" Q. As for the w7 I've had it for a while and just wanted to try something different. Plus even putting that sub in a sealed enclosure it would still take up a good amount of room and way a ton. My only beef with the w7 is its 3 ohm impedance and bulkiness. It performed very well though, for all types of music.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1157
It seems like the SAE and SAX 1200Ds go for the same price. Which is better, which would you go with? I see where the SAE is rated at 12.8 volts, havn't seen where the SAX is.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 430
the sae is built in china and will be discontinued once they are sold out. the sax is built in korea like the other sax and saz line amps. the sae is supposed to be capable of 1500w rms at 12.8 so it has a lilttle more output. i already have a sae 1200, got it before the sax 1200 was out. either one is a good amp but the sae may be a little harder on your electrical if your running stock. i read it on one of the threads on ssa, sundownz aka jacob said that all his amps will do rated at 12.8. ill look around for it so you can see

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
the sae is very underrated,especially the v2. plus 1 big advantage i consider is the sae has inputs for 0 ga wire while the sax only has inputs for 4 ga
i dont understand how you can get 1500 watts out of 4 ga wiring.. even with a 4 ft run the max amount of amps to go through is 125... well its not enough to get 1500 watts out of it.
and last time i checked the sax was actually more expensive
i know ive seen those sae-1200d v2 on db-r b-stock for like 170 or something. quite a deal i must say, tho it seems it would take a few days before you recieve it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us