4 Audioque 15" sdc2.5 or 2 hdc3 15's

Username: Sloom08

Somewere, Mississippi U.S.

Post Number: 2
I want a little help on upgrading my system, i was wondering if I should do 4 15" audioque sdc2.5 of 2 15" hdc3 subs on a audiopipe 3000.1? I have a dual 15" super pro bass box, and a ported box for 4 15s need a little help deciding which will be better!

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 169
Well more cone area yields more output. I guess it just depends on how much room you want to take up in your vehicle because a box for 4 15's would have to be pretty substantial. Either way you go, I'd get rid of the boxes you have and have someone build you custom enclosures. I hear that Bassman3 on this forum builds awesome enclosures and he is pretty reasonable on his pricing.

Post Number: 3
Matt have u heard of the pro boxs

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 170
Yes, I have. I owned one about 4 or so years ago! It was a decent box, I'm not going to lie. I'm just saying that if you can, have someone build you a nice custom enclosure. Pro boxes are alright but they are still not the same as a nice enclosure built to maximize the output of which ever woofer or woofers you choose. I wasn't trying to say they were bad, rather trying to give you more options for even more output.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 288
^x2

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 241
^x3

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 489
^x4

Post Number: 4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3090
Check out this link 2 see my ride
And now that I think about it I think im goin 2 go for 4 sdc2.5 12s because the 4 15s dont leave any room 4 batteries and without them I wont b hittin anyway what do u all think?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 881
spend a lot of money at best buy?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3061
"And now that I think about it I think im goin 2 go for 4 sdc2.5 12s because the 4 15s dont leave any room 4 batteries and without them I wont b hittin anyway what do u all think?"

Yes you will need batteries, because without them your amp will fry. Honestly thought, unless you are competing and/or need a big battery power reserve for when your vehicle is off, just get a good High Output Alternator and the biggest/best battery you can fit under your hood. You may not even need extra batteries in the back this way you can fit your 4 15"s

Post Number: 5
@ some donnie dude-Wat do u think of my current setup

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1463
I like the way you have those capacitors sitting on your backseat.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1464
Just realized they are on the floor and the seat is out. My bad.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 294
"Wat do u think of my current setup"

With all due respect... you don't want us to answer that question.

Trust me on this.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2467
y not get 2 18 HDC3?
if not go with the 4 15s

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 375
i say get a different amp and go for 4 sdc 12's or 15s.
a 300 amp alt would almost power your current amp, you may even need a batt to help with voltage drops when you crank the volume and really start pulling a ton of amps.
nice ride, not gonna lie i would take it over mine! lol

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2468
i started out with 4 15s... a pair of 18s would be better for burps or spl. but 4 15s will "sound" louder because of cone area

Post Number: 7
@ Ducka thanks homie I gotta put up sum new pics tho cause it has all fosgate 0 ga wire and a batcap now but da caps r still n da same position

@ €hritoheR i kno its not the best system n da world but its sumthing all done and funded by me a 19 yr old college student and wer im from my system is one of da loudest n town fi, audioque, dd, dc, ascendant are not known here all that is played is rockford, kicker, alpine, things of that nature. I kno its also not da best looking r sounding either because n my car i have 2 rockford p3 12s on a rockford t500-1 and it sounds better than da kickers constructive critism is always welcomed!

@ every1 thanks 4 all of ur input and ideas
2 hdc3 15s should b plenty the pro box is 3.75f cu ft on each side tuned 2 36 hz so i think it should do me just fine im not goin 2 b competing r anything of that nature but it should b pretty loud i would lik 2 kno wer i can find a ho alt at a good price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us