Precision Power PPI Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Eljosh

Post Number: 18
I heard that Precision Power makes some good speakers. But couldn't really find much about them. Or many places that sell them.
Does anyone know a good website that sells them? I've only found them on Sonic Electronix.
And how good are they thru the range? Do they have good bass, with good highs?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11149
PPI used to make good stuff but that was a long time ago... today they are not the same brand they used to be, not so good anymore.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Ok, so you say they are better or worse than say the Polk audio component speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 273
its not quite that easy, model numbers when comparing would be better, but normally for the price paid im guessing people would say polk is better.
tho i really can't stand the sound of polk.
your best option is to go to a real car audio store not car toys but something with quality products and listen to what you like, if you like what you hear get the model number and find it on the internet for cheaper.
though there are very high quality speakers that are probably not going to be local, like dynaudio,seas,dls,morel..
if your serious about upgrading speakers let me know a budget, what do you want from your system? what does your system consist of? hu, amp(s), subs, eqs, sound deadening? ect

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Ok, I'm not exactly buying my system at the moment. I'm just doing the pre-research for everything. But I'm factoring about 200 or so for 2 sets of speakers, around $150 an amp for the speakers, and a sub, which I have picked out, but need to find an amp for it.
I'm looking at the Alpine 9887 with the Imprint processor.
The sub I want to get is the TC Sound Epic12inch.
I have a pair of Polk db 401, and I like how they sound. But they don't get to loud since they are so small.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11153
$200 is nowhere near enough for 2 sets of speakers of any quality... but on that topic, you only need one set of front components and you can maybe get a good set for that money. Good systems do not use rear speakers, all they do is throw off sound imaging.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 276
nice hu and sub but you def need something good for your front stage. 150 should get you a good 2 channel amp
i like eclipse, but they dont have the highest power ratings but more than enough to keep up with the epic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
M.S.- Now that I think about the car I'm going to put this system in is pretty small, and I don't think I even need rears at all.
But do you have a brand of speakers that you would recommend?

Cwruck- Thanks, I'll look into those. Do you guys know anything about the Infinity amps, I got a friend that has one, and it seems alright.
And how are Alpine amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us