Cadence a7hc

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 348
im STRONGLY considering buying one. Ive seen some good reviews on it, its just that its like 10 years old i believe. What really surprises me is that theres ONLY ONE 80 AMP FUSE and it supposedly puts a a STURDY 1500 at 1 ohm!? Any1 have any opinions on this? Theres a few on ebay that are asking 225 shipped. Now that i sold my directed 1500d(1100 at 1 ohm) im searching for something that puts out more and is very efficient which this looks like it is cause i just have a stock 105 alt. Just want a few opinions before i buy.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1151
try going to the amplifiers section

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 349
no one goes there bud

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16378
i highly doubt its that underrated to do 1500wrms with a 80A fuse - fuse size doesnt always mean its a perfect way to check output but to give u a idea of what the fuse rating of a true 1000wrms amp is : its usually around 120A ...

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2199
i had that amp and it was great

i have read it does anywhere from 1200-1500 rms at 1 ohm......but i have not seen any bench testing to confirm. plenty of power none the less

but for $225 - i would look elsehwere......

you would be much better off saving another 75 bucks and getting a RD1750, saz1500, etc

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43396

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 351
glassy, what u think?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 236
raise your budget and buy a quality amp, not saying cadence isn't quality because it is, but if you spend more around $300 you will have something that you will be happy with.
Its really not hard to spend an extra $75 for a good amp, something like a sundown will give you the power you want, and with the high quality parts it will last you a long time

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11135
Wow, some ppl need a basic physics lesson here..

It is impossible for that amp to do 1500w. If it were 100% efficient, which it ain't, and were fed a constant 14v, which it won't be, the absolute maximum output would be 80*14= 1120 watts

In reality, an amp that old is probably ~70% efficient at best, so 1120*.7= 784. So you are looking at less than 800 watts.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 356
u gave absolutely no facts to back up ur "analysis"... facts over "assuming" wins any day of the week.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11137
LOL. That post is all fact except for the assumption on efficiency, which is irrelevant since even if it were 100% efficient it could not do more than 1120w.

If you want more "facts", try the laws of physics in our universe, haha. See ohms law for the formula used there.

If you can't understand that, well, nobody here can help you...

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 357
there any many in other posts on other forums who say this can do 1400-1500... some say they benched that around 14 volts.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 358
glass where u at? chime in, im sure u know about this amp and what it does

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 359
LOOK WHAT I FOUND. someone asked opinions about the a7hc

GlassWolf
Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6037
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 02:17 pm:
good amps. rated accurately.
Cadence makes pretty good amplifiers for a fair price.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 360
mbrooky
Mmmm...2 Scoops Please!!!

Feedback Score
Re: 4 Cadence a7 Hc's
These amps are beasts....do a search on em...rated at 1200@1ohm at 12v iirc but have been benched doing 1400-1700 at 14.4v. they are strappable as well and believe USACI still rates them at 50wrms x 1 at 4ohm...more like 500wrms@4ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
dude you can buy the amp if you want to but me and daniel gave you advice just to go with something better, you will be happier if you do
man your crazy searching for old posts lol

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 361
its called research ... i ordered it... and if i dont like it ill just resell it and only be out 20 bucks for the shipping

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11138
I'm not saying it's a bad amplifier, I'm saying that no amp with an 80 amp fuse can do a true 1500w RMS.

And thats not my opinion it's the laws of how electricity works... which you appearently don't want to believe, so I'm not going to waste any more time trying to explain it any further.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
im just saying that if you would spend money on a quality system, even though it will be more money at the moment you will be much happier.
instead you are buying this sub, and blowing it, then buying that sub and selling it losing money, buying this amp and selling it losing money.. ect
you are just wasting money to always have an "ok" system when you can actually have a good system with the money you are wasting.
not hating or nothing like that, but sometimes its a good thing to slow down in life and "watch" to see what happens instead of always jumping into everything.
I have learned to do that, and i feel i have gained so much knowledge in the last year of my life its absolutely rediculous.
its your money man, you can do what you want, but i can see you want to have a good system, and if you can listen to the advice given it can easily be possible.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2201
"its called research ... i ordered it... and if i dont like it ill just resell it and only be out 20 bucks for the shipping"

well....you didnt have to do much research. i had the amp, and i told you everything you needed to know

what was your research? you finding an old thread where glass says something about cadence?

it was a bad buy at $225. flat out.

that saz1500 i posted even dropped to $280 shipped.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11139
Agreed, 225 is pretty steep for a USED amp that does maybe 800w

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
wow an saz 1500d for 280 shipped? thats a crazy good deal right there!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3060
280 for an saz1500d is a good price. most go for $300-350
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us