Need Box Opinion For 2 12" Re Audio SX's in Quad Cab

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 587
i decided on getting 2 12" re audio sx's , im driving them currently with about 1500 watts rms until i get a bigger amp, i need help with plans for the new box, it can take up the whole quad cab backseat of the dakota, so space is not an issue, but if somebody needs max dimensions i can provide that, i need to build box asap because the competition is on the 26th, thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 328
are u looking to just get the best SPL out of them? Or do you want a box for daily driving, good lows, sq, mix?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 200
i say go with 4.5 cu ft after sub and port displacement. do the tuning however you like, daily driving go around 32-34 or if just for the comp go around 45
with my sx i had it in about 2.8 cu ft tuned around 38 hz it sounded nice and pounded hard, i then added to the port dropping the box around 2.7 cu ft and now tuned to 32 hz or so, and it sounds even better, picks up the lows much much better but i didnt lose any loudness at all, also threw in some polyfill, i know the box is quite large for a single sub, but i never send the sub a clipped signal and the coils look brand new still.

those sx's sure are nice subs, good luck with everything! You should do around 145+ with that power and a box 4.5 cu ft
im sure im sitting around 142 or so with the one off 1200 watts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us