Getting some new speakers

Username: Ridetopdown

Atlanta, GA United States

Post Number: 7
my current speakers i have are dead and i need to make a decision and get some new ones. I have an alpine m500 amp. I currently have a enclosed 2 12's box. I was thinking about spending 150-200. I was wondering if i should maybe get a new ported box with 1 speaker or should i stay with current box and get 2 12's. I have a mustang convertable so i am limited on space but i am pretty sure i could find a box that would fit. Would i notice a big difference if i switch over to 1 sub that hits harder?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 213
2 12's for 200 dollars? dont expect anything great...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1562
unless you can go over budget i would go for one 12. But if thats the case would the 200 be including the box? If so that one be a hard one to touch on.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 520
mustang convertable's suck for having a system, my bro's wife to be has one and her whole system fails.

you gain about 2-3 db per sub you add after the first (in theory). a ported box will gain ~3 db at the tuneing of the box.

you could try a FI SSD its 179.

what subs are you useing right now?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 753
I'm guessing you have a rather small, sealed enclosure if its in a mustang. You could go with 2 JL w1s, they will work nice in a small sealed enclosure and will hold 400 rms total. You could set the gain on your amp to produce 400 rms and leave yourself a little head room. They're around $85 - $95 online.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us