Almost verything is ordered, Just waiting on shipping

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1514
Alright guys i think i have made all my choices and ordered almost everything i need. I did choose to get the 15 inch woofers knowing that if i have them they will fit.( if there's a will there's a way)

Cresendo 3KWP ordered
HDC3 15's ordered
Whole bunch of 0 gauge ordered
PA speakers ordered
Horns ordered

As for anything else i will hopefully get locally. I will post pictures as it arrives.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16283
so ur buying 1 bass amp for now & did u order copper or alum coils ?

what speakers\horns & mids\highs amps u went with ?......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1515
One amp for now. I ordered dual two ohm copper coils. so well see how good the cresendo does at .5 ohm. If i decide to upgrade later i will get another cresendo 3kwp and recone with the aluminum coils.

Then i won 4 eminence delta pro 12's on ebay for a very good price with 5 hours of play time.

For the horns i ordered 8 selenium d250-x's.

Then for wire i ordered 30ft of blue and 30 ft of white 0 gauge from knukonceptz along with a couple anl fuse holder. I'm gonna need more fuse holders but i just couldn't see myself spending that much for fuse holders so i figured i would wait a couple days and it migt not hurt as much. O ya i got a couple battery terminals also. I'm still deciding how i want to do the batteries. I grabbed a few used odyssey batteries today to.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16286
well the deltas look good on paper

selenium d250-x's - if u look at the response graph of those u will notice a big drop after 5k so u wud need some tweeters too to pick up those highs if u choose to use that model

http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/264-202.pdf

but around the same price range u cud have gotten this model instead : http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/264-225.pdf ...note the response graph

imo if u definitely intend on getting that 2nd bass amp later : save the $ which wud have been used for recones later & get the alum coils now instead & make do with that 1 amp until u buy the 2nd bass amp ...

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 996
where do you get those Cresendo 3KWP amps from?

ive been wonderin, looks as the same board as the saz 3000

look identical, even though im personally runnin sundown amps lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1519
Well i considered that but its to late now. Even audioque themselves said the copper sounds better and the aluminum's were more or less for burbs.

As for the selenium 200's i have a few kicking around and there terrible. i know what the 250's show on paper but after hands on experience using the 250's u almost don't need anything that hits higher. If i feel something is missing later i will add a couple selenium super tweeters(st350). I already have them also and have had much better luck.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16287
oh ok - no problem....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1521
Straight from cresendo. I talked to the guy at cresendo and he claims the difference from sundown's amp is a better cooling case and the board has extra copper on all the leads. Maybe this is why its still under warranty at .5ohms.

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515&cat=0&bestseller=Y

Bronze Member
Username: Lms

Post Number: 69
I've ran 4 8" eminence alpha( sealed back)in the past and they were loud. I can't imagine what 4 12" and 8 horns would sound like...

A club on wheels....lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14123
good choice upping it to the hdc 15's instead of the 12's more cone area is always good

Gold Member

Post Number: 1532
ya.. The only problem is im gonna have to get creative with my box because i only have 30 in between my shock mounts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14129
what type of vehicle is this going in?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1534
1998 Acura integra hatch. Above the shock mount i have 38 inches so i think I'm gonna make some kind of upside down pyramid box. Honestly I'm not sure what I'm gonna due, but they will fit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14130
they get loud easy....im just not sure how well they hold up into the 50's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1535
Ya the price was right though. My biggest concern will be the half assed box im gonna try to make.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13578
with the selenium horns, what are you using for waveguides? what's driving these horns? what are you using for 1/3 octave EQs on each horn to shape their response?

PA speakers... as in.. public address? What exactly are you doing here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
As in wave guides if you mean the horns i think im going to use the Selenium HM17-25 1" Bi-Radial Horn. This Horn requires a minimum frequency of 1,500 hz. I will most likely high pass them somewhere in between 1k and 1.5k.

All 8 Horns will be run off two ppi art a300.2's. I know it seems im skimping on power but i have run 4 of these off one a300 before and gain was nowhere near maxed. Honestly is ran them like a champ. If it does seem like i need a little more power i will use two a404's.

Now for an eq i will running them through my head unit(eclipse cd7000). I plan to eventually get a ppi deq230 but im not having any luck at the moment.

I said PA speakers figuring most would catch on the type that i was using easier then saying mids. I plan on making a smaller enclosure to try and get a little bit of mid bass also out of the delta's but the main goal is going to be acting as a mid range speaker. I believe i will bandpass these from about 150hz to around 3k to 4.5k.

As for sound quality i'm kinda of throwing most of it out of the window but with what i have to work with i'm gonna do my best possible. The main goal is to reproduce vocals very loud and clear with no distortion.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16313
i still think 8 horns is overkill & wud love to see how\where all of this is gonna fit ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1539
Ya fitting will be key. If it comes out looking halfway decent i will post picks but if it looks to hacked then unfortunately i wont.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us