What db range will i be in?

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 51
It will be about a month in a half or two til' i get every product for my new setup. Just curious because i've never had any of my previous setups metered.. 2010 Chevy Malibu. Back seat down or up, whichever. 2 12" ssa xcons off of a saz-3500d. big 3, 300a alt, kinetik 2400 and 1800. 4.4 cft ported box tuned to either 29-31. subs facing cabin most likely... What db range will this setup be looking at ? rap music.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14006
hard to say but youll defiantly be in the 140's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
yea i suspected 140's ... my friend has 2 L7 15's in the SMALLEST SEALED box. probably no more than 3 cubes. and its off of a lanzar 2000. in a 1998 buick lesabre .. its gets pretty damn loud. but not as loud to wher i have to plug my ears. i can feel it hurting a TINY bit on some notes.. i wonder what db's he's hitting with that setup. but anyways has anyone ever gotten their xcons metered??? similar to my setup?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
But i've only heard a system that had 4 12" jl's in a old civic or something when i was too young too remember that was hitting 140. i dont think i was in the car when it was up that much but at 140 will i be able to like really notice if it's THAT loud.?

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 379
145 with the right setup my guess

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
would i gain more db with the subs facing the cabin with the back seat down or facing the trunk opening? or will it not be that much of a difference..

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14011
I will bet with the subs facing up but trial and error is the only way to find out for sure

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13506
Drizzy, honestly estimating SPL is nearly impossible. This question of "what will I hit?" used to pop up here ALL the time, and nobody can ever answer with any certainty. By the way, what steps are being taken with the Malibu for sound damping?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11889
I will guess between 120 and 180.

That is my final answer, Regis.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i'll be using dynamat extreme in the door panels and trunk.. where else can i put it to eliminate rattle? i'll use as much as possible for sound dampening.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2415
i guess between 120 to 179
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us