Question regarding Fujitsu HU in 1993 Toyota Celica GTS

Unregistered guest
I've got a 1993 Toyota Celica GTS with an old Fujitsu Ten head unit in it. Said head unit has a connector with 14 wires, plus an antenna and some other similar-looking cable that plugs in right next to the antenna. The 14 wires go to a 220 watt amp that powers the 10 seperate speakers.

All of this was installed when I got the car, and the Toyota label is plasted all over everything.

I've recently come into posession of a Pioneer 3600 head unit, and can't help but notice it has 14 wires coming off of its connection as well.

Herein lays the problem. The colors of the Toyota-installed wiring is completely off the wall. I can't find any wiring diagrams for any Fujitsu Ten head units that seem anything similar to mine.

The wires are seperated into two groups. One has a Black/White, Green/Gray wire, a Red/Gray wire, a Blue/Red/Gray wire, a White/Green wire, a Pink/Blue wire and a Black/Red wire.

The other group has a Yellow, Black, White, Red, Brown, Blue and Green wire.

I've tried to find wiring schematics for this Fujitsu head unit everywhere to no avail.

The model number is as follows: CD-1634TL1b
Manufactured in June 1993

I don't suppose anyone out there would be able to lend a hand in helping me out? I'd really appreciate it.

-Bret
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us