GlassWolf help!!!!!!!! It's about the setting gains again

Username: Skinn

Post Number: 3
The information that you gave me about setting gains is way over my head. I don't have a scope to use. I'll have to take that to the electronic shop. The place I go to for spl competitions is Benchmark Audio in Horseheads NY. They have had many vehicles in Car Audio and Electronics that they had set up. They know what they are doing and they have a scope thing. I am only hitting a 142 db with the two mtx 2400x amps running to the L7 kicker 15. The speaker handles a 1000 watts max. The amps put out 1400 watts RMS combined. Here is the strange thing though. When I had one 2400x hooked up to one L7 12, I hit 142.6 db. That is half the power and a smaller sub but more db. I'm lost. I have the correct ohm match. I have two 1 farad caps and and extra battery ran in the trunk. I have been going to spl competitions for a while now and my setup should be hitting at least 144 db. If I hit 142.6 with one amp I should get 3 more db by doubling my power and pushing more area.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 145
yo youre from horseheads. thats some sh!t ive never met someone who lives, or is from there, maybe besides my family. i grew up in breesport, and was born in elmira. i live in cali now which is 1000 times better. i feel for you though the last time i went there they didnt have sh!t for car audio. take my advice get out of upstate NY nothing there but lakes and woods.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3611
could be box design, it could be that your vehicle just doesn't work as well with a fifteen. smaller cars usually do better with twelves from my experience.

Post Number: 5
Swan, benchmark has alot of car audio now, if you like kicker products anyway. Kicker is their main seller. They are one of the biggest kicker dealers in this region.

Post Number: 6
The 15 is in a factory sealed box, so was the 12. The kicker L7's are way louder in ported boxes but they are huge. The spl box for the 15 is 6.0 cubic feet, way to big for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us