RTA

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 71
hey guys I just got TrueRTA anybody know if this is as good as TermLab's RTA, and what would i need to really get good results using the RTA, im going to borrow a Roland Firewire Sound Card, I just dont know if the alpine mic that i got with my eq is good enough. The mic that came with my eq was meant for time correction so im assuming its good enough what you guys think

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1514
You won't put anything together that is going to be as accurate as the TL but you can put together a system that will at least be relative so you would know when you are gaining decibels.
Ive used this setup and seen alot of guys on Diyma using the Behringer EMC8000 and a micmate and it along with truerta.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10912
Lol the software is the easy part... the trademark of the TL is the mic itself... nothing else is as accurate.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3269
...The termlab RTA uses a $60 mic that is available at most walmarts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Yes but isnt the mic with the TL mostly for spl and not sq? If not which mic is it? Is TL "available" somewhere .

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1998
lulz

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7867
Here is the deal w/ the TL and TL-RTA.

The TL SPL meter is a pressure sensor (aka mass air-flow sensor, iirc) calibrated C-weighted for SPL measurement w/ the TL software. The meter itself is a very simple piece, the software and calibration is the important part.

The TL RTA is a software. That's it.
It uses a Sampson USB C01u condenser mic you can buy at any music shop.
Again, calibration and software is what you buy more than the unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
So what your saying is that when you buy from termlab, your actually paying for the calibration and the software. Where as if i had "purchased" the software from somewhere and the mic somewhere else since they werent calibrated from the manufacturer i would have to do all the calibration myself and the results might still not be the same
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us