OT: Car Insurance

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5478
Some of you may remember when some dickbag nailed my Pathfinder and bailed the scene last year. Anyways... since then my insurance has been slowly creeping up, even though the crash wasn't my fault. I was paying around $60 a month then and now it is up to $91. So I was in my bank talking to my buddy who works there telling him this story and he said: "Shit man, that's still pretty good -- I pay like $170 a month." He is 23 and drives a 2004 Toyota Corolla. He said his insurance company told him once he turns 25 it will come down to around $110.

It started me thinking, there are alot of younger people here and quite a few with some history of tickets and/or crashes, so what do all of you pay per month? Put the $ amount per month, the year/model car you drive, insurance company you use, and your age for comparison.

So mine is:

$91, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE, Infinity full coverage, 37.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1995
$105, all state full coverage
2004 grand prix gtp
21 years old

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4230
$93, 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass, Country Financial liability only, 19

There's no way I could afford full coverage right now. That's also with the good student discount. I'm switching to Progressive in February, and it'll be pretty much the same.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1090
96 dodge ram
0 dollars
22 years old

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 186
99 olds alero, 04 dodge neon $325 for both,full coverage Aic. 31 years old. Me and my wife both have 4 points on are license thats why its so high! Thats the cheapest rate i could find. Most major ins companies wont even take me

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4231

quote:

96 dodge ram
0 dollars
22 years old

Typical.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12922
usaa insurance
1995 ford taurus gl
minimum coverage
$173.54 a year clean record

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1852
2009 camry
23 yrs old
Progressive
$106/month full coverage still with my parents though because by myself it would be more....

my last ticket was in 2006 it finally cleared this year, it use to be 156/month. Last time i got pulled over was by a State Police who was messing with me. he started to tailgate me so i sped up faster it was night time i couldnt tell who it was. next thing i know lights came on and supposely i got a ticket for racing/speeding. 500 dollar fine. lost my license for 7 mnths. :-(

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10841
Age 22
Chevrolet 94 Blazer and 97 Blazer
State Farm insurance
Liability only on the 94 is $350 paid twice a year, so $58 per month
I don't recall what it is on the 97

Whats great is after all the tickets I've got it has never gone up at all

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21675
About $100/month full coverage.
2006 Ford F-150
New Jersey
Spotless record
Geico

I pay an additional $325/year for a separate $1,000,000 umbrella policy through the same company. You never know.

Jersey is the worst when it comes to insurance. In HS I remember a friend paying $3000+/year. THAT was 20 years ago.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1438
340 a month for 12 months before i hit my three year mark
240 a month after i hit my three year mark for 12 months

fully cover in the city

Worcester Mass.

Metlife

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21677
Ouch.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2600
1983 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham edition
Farmers
40 dollars a month full Coverage :-)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2998
^
Kansas ftw.

2005 Yamaha R6
Progressive
1 speeding. work vehicle if that means anything...
38/m - liability

they want over 200/m for full coverage, with mil discount.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 152
2000 toyota celica
$85
Progressive

When I was 17-19 I drove a 95 mustang and paid $250 a month. When I first got my celica State Farm was trying to charge me $350 a month. I said screw that and went with Progressive. There is a significant drop at age 25 for guys, I never paid less than $100 til now.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 254
$250.00 A Month
Full Coverage.
Arizona.
17 years old.
1986 GMC S15
Clean Record.
State Farm.

That's without them knowing i got kicked out of highschool and that's without the endorsement for custom parts and equipment.

Once that comes into play it'll prolly be about an arm and half a leg.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11741
2005 Scion TC
20 years old
All State
About $1000 a year
One accident (not my fault) and no tickets.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 877
I know I'm late buttttt
2000 daewoo Nubira (primary)
1993 F250 4x4
69 GTO (share it with my father but I gotta cover it)
23yrs old
Progressive
2 accidents not my fault.
101 a month full coverage with comp for up to $2500.

I get it through a local broker. If called progressive theyd ask for 350 a month

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2665
I am 25 wife is 27
2010 Dodge Journey SXT
Full coverage
I have had NO accidents and last speeding ticket was in 2004.
She had one not at faut accident in 2005 within 5 year span.
$91 a month with progressive. Our Fusion was actually $90 more a year believe it or not.

They were the cheapest but pain in the @ss to deal with. They are quick to blame you on an accident. Took me 6 months to fix the crap witht hem trying to pawn accident she had on her. Gave other party check in 6 days without question. I got very irritated and postal at the 6th month deal. They decided to listen then :D

For all paying a lot, check out Mercury insurance or Travelers. When I first started driving I had a 1988 ford Ranger 4 cylinder and it was $110 every 6 months liability only. Bought a 2003 Mazda B3000 when I was 18 and went to $245 a month. No accidents and one ticket I lost license for a year, 80 in a 55 hehe.

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 138
27, wife is 26, 2003 Dodge Durango SXT
Full Coverage
$85 month with State Farm
No accidents or tickets ever from either of us

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 882
Its deff cheaper over 25 and married

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 164
2010 Camry / 275$ a month / 20 / full coverage / lots of speeding tickets.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 885
3.5?

Username: Daenzer2010

Metamora, Mi Us

Post Number: 9
70 bucks a month for plpd f.m.l.
state farm
17 years old
2002 chevy trailblazer
lots of bad luck
anyone ever heard that you need to come to a complete stop when pulling out of a private alley? aka driveway 2 points 120 dollar ticket

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2159
was almost 380/month when i had a DUI
2002 xterra
state farm
20yrs old..

NOW i pay 140
2007 avalanche
state farm

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Omaha/council bluffs, Iowa

Post Number: 847
75 2005 grand prix gt 21 yrs have 2 tickets still on record emc insurance

Silver Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 143
Wouldn't ya know, after posting yesterday morning...I slid into a guard rail and had to file a claim for almost $3k today!

Go Figure!

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3068
27yrs old
All State
2006 Avalanche 100 bucks full coverage.
1994 Accord 40 bucks full coverage.

Key word on saving, get married.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 894
Damn that sux nick. Atleast ur ok uh lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21767
Marital status
Points on license
Distance driven each day
Driving classes
Previous claims
Coverage
The damn color of the car
Engine size
Anti-lock brakes
Airbags
Alarm
And much more

All play a part in the final cost. If you had a minor incident and the cost to repair is less than your deductible DON'T contact your insurance company unless the police are involved. Even if the company doesn't pay a dime they will still raise your rates. Their policies are built around ways to raise your rates, even if you're not at fault.

Reminds me of when I needed my main breaker replaced in my home's fuse panel. I contacted my home owner's insurance company just to see if it was covered. It was but the cost was less than my deductible. Before I could hang up they gave me a case #. What did I need a case # for if they weren't paying a flucking cent? They used my phone call as an attempted claim and raised my rates because of it.

Think before you contact ANY insurance company.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12937
"Before I could hang up they gave me a case #. What did I need a case # for if they weren't paying a flucking cent? They used my phone call as an attempted claim and raised my rates because of it."

That sucks ill remember that for the future when I own a home.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12938
They just raised my car insurance 35 dollars a year because of some state average or something its 208 28 a year now

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21771
$35/year? Consider yourself lucky!

My property was just reassessed and my taxes went up $600/year to almost $5000 for 1/4 acre. Car insurance USED to go down with every claim free quarter but now they inch up regardless. Just about every tax in NJ has been increased while salaries continue to get slashed. Some essential food items are almost double what they were 5 years ago and that includes all the outlet supermarkets as well. Interest rates are skyrocketing for even those with super credit and the banks who got the billions in federal bailout $$ are still socking it to us.

Seems everyone is still giving themselves raises while the ppl who pay the bills (middle class) are soon to be extinct. A smooth economy is one that has EVERYONE on the playing field contributing. One by one Americans are forced out of their jobs and homes because of the ever rising cost of living. That means those left have to pick up the tab. You can see the cycle. Just like Obama's new health insurance bill. If you force every employer with 30 or more employees to provide health insurance that means he has to lay off 5 to pay for it. So 5 more families are covered but 5 others have their azzes handed to them? Where's the balance in that system?

Jesus I need to shut up.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12939
I know it could be worse but putting it into perspective thats a 20% raise in my policy rates.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3069
"Before I could hang up they gave me a case #. What did I need a case # for if they weren't paying a flucking cent? They used my phone call as an attempted claim and raised my rates because of it."

Paul thanks for the info I just bought a home 3 weeks ago. If i do call my home ins i am going to make sure its worth it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21776
Yeah I was caught waaaaay off guard over it. What started out as a simple fact finding phone call turned into a 10% increase in my premium.

You also have to read the fine print. I got a letter from Homesite (my insurance) a couple of weeks after I moved in. They said my policy was in jeopardy of becoming in default over a shed in my backyard that needed one side painted. They deemed it in need of replacement. It was mold for christ's sake! One squirt of the hose and it was gone. Then I had to send in pics of the shed in good condition or I was jeopardizing any payment of any future claim I might have. They weren't going to terminate my policy, just refuse payment should something happen to my property, over the shed. That way they keep collecting premiums until the day I should happen to need them.

That's another loophole for them. Should my house burn down they can refuse payment due to the shed being dirty?

Wanna hear the kicker? I re-read my policy and all out buildings aren't included anyway! Now how can they justify invalidating my policy because I refused to paint a building that isn't even covered in the first place???!!!!!

Owning a home is great and horrifying at the same time.

Remember that breaker I need replaced? The cost for that was $485, just under my $500 deductible. All the goons did was shut my power off, pull the bad one out, push another one in. $485 for 2 minutes work. And they replaced it with a used breaker! With my bill came a cozy little pamphlet explaining the outrageous bill. How the cost includes training of their staff, insurance, overhead, blah blah blah. Had I known what needed done I could've picked up the breaker at the Depot for $19.95 and been done with it.

I thought I told you guys to shut me up lol?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7516
I pay $240 a mo for 3 cars.. 22yrs old

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT - Full coverage..
1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon - Liability
1991 Chevy S10 - Liability

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1502
18 yr old
1977 Cj-7 jeep
$10/month :-)

that jeep isnt the daily car though

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21777
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4203
35, Louisiana Farmers Bureau, $75 / month for 2 vehicles
'99 JGC 4x4 -FC
'99 Pontiac Montana- Lia

Silver Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 144
Kyle, no one was hurt, thankfully. Was driving along and went into a very slight left curve in the road, my Durango wanted to go straight though. I couldn't have been going over 15 MPH. Oh well. Got a 2010 Dodge Ram for a rental today. Nice truck, sticker of nearly $40k on it too. The best part is...I don't have to pay a dime for the rental

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1174
125 a month libablty only now wrecks or tickets get a discount when i turn 21 and im still using good student discount
04 dodge intrepid 2.7l v6
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us