My new system

Username: Will2109

Post Number: 1
hey guys i have been building my own car audio systems for the last seven years and i would like your opinions on my next one. i have an 08 silverado 1500 ext. cab. i guess i am doing things backwards this time. i got a deal on a jl hd 750.1 amp, an now i am tryn to figure out what speakers i want. i normally only use kicker speakers and i have use almost all of their speakers. this time i would like to try out jl subs. it will either be 10 or 12 inch speakers, one or two. in a ported box ethier under seat or in a regular rectangular box. what i am really curious is what do you all think is the best speaker combo for the amp, and how good would yall rate the jl hd 750.1 amp. thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 163
JLs will be a nice step up from the Kicker woofers. Good choice. I'd say the W3's may be what you're looking for.

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 132
W3s are a great match with that cab. Keep them in a sealed box and you'll have nice, tight, clean bass with that JL amp.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 874
Or two Diamond D1s. Do a center console box

Post Number: 2
I was thinking about going with either 1 or 2 jl w6 with them being either 10's or 12's. Which ever would be the best combo for the amp. I was also wondering if the jl hd 750.1 amp pushes more power than the 750 rms watts that is rated for.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 878
If you had a 1000 I'd say W6s but you'd be under powering them. There's more out there than JL too

Post Number: 3
I know their is alot more out there than jl, but i have always owned kicker and the only other brands that i worked with and liked is jl and digital design so these are the bands i know and i want to go with jl.

Post Number: 4
I think i will probably go with a w6.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us