New amp?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 213
so in my last post i stated my pioneer hu fryed my new rd 1000.1 rca inputs. so i call steve, he says ill have to send it in. im hearing from many ppl im goin to be waitin a long while to get that back and that rds customer service isnt all that its cracked up to be.not talking sh!t jus stating wat i heard. do i have any other options tho?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10780
What makes you think the amps bad.... did you try another HU and RCA cables on it?

If not do it. I've seen amps where certain sets of rcas did not work b/c the prongs were too short for the amps connector...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12900
x2 it very well just might be the head unit

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 214
yea i put in a alpine hu, ran new rca cables..plugged everything in and the amp would not turn on. i ran a jumper wire from the remote to the power input and the protect light flashes for a split second. when i pulled the jumper wire of it mad a very quite tink sound. so i assume the amps bad, any other conclusions?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10785
Check that the subs were connected properly and reading the correct impedance on the speakers terminals... that will put the amp into protect... but if not that then yeah the amp sounds like its gone.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 216
yea the sub was wired to 1 ohm. right after i took out the rd amp i put my hifonics back in, went right back to bumpin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us