Let's talk rca's

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2801
So people, what rca's have you all used and loved for the money? I've been looking into knu rca's, the price is good and the few pairs I have installed seemed like great quality for the price. I'm gonna buy a 4 chan set and a 2 chan set btw. I've even pondered making them, then I can make them for friends etc too.

Anyone ever tried using the same model rcas in different lenghts and noticed more/less background noise? a longer cable would have more resistence, just not sure how audible or if it's audible at all. probably a hard if not impossible question to answer without trying it, but thats why im asking if anyone has tried this.

I only need like 10-12ft cables tops, but figured I will jsut buy like 17-20ft cables and keep them for a long time from vehicle to vehicle if there isnt a noticeable difference.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1467
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

for 12ft of the bj lc-1 it will only cost you $55! at that price it must make your system sound better!

but seriously that company makes some badass cables. I have a MSA-1 for my ipod to reciever.

Longer signal cables can contribute to more interference but how much would differ in every situation.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7752
Xscorpion TR18

Pretty basic RCAs but triple shielded and have drain/ground lead built in.
I sell em all day long for $10. I only run into noise issues when the HU has problems.
By far the best I have used for the $.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3197
http://www.lastfactory.com/audiophile_cables/audiophile_cables.html

I run around 18 meters of these without a problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
i bet nicky haha

in that case my power and ground wires are Nordost Odins ;)
http://www.electronichouse.com/article/nordost_odin_reference_cables_provide_top _precision/

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 825
I've never had a good experience with Knu RCA's unfortunately. Always end up with some system noise.

The previously mentioned Blue Jeans Cable are indeed badass. Most people don't spend that much on RCA's and don't feel the need to, but at least you know you're getting a quality product :-)

My next setup will use Shok RCA's though.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7753
I'm really surprised that so few RCA cables have integrated drain wires. I have used those 'cheap' Xscorpion RCA's I listed on alot of noisy Pioneers and they took care of the whine.

But, then again I have sold the Xscorpion 8ga amp kits w/ thoe RCA's in them and had the buy back in the door of the shop within a few days. Local shops used those drain wires as REM, so yea...you can just imagine the mayhem it caused, lol. Seen a few HU's come back w/ toasted REM and RCA's. Also a 1 or 2 memphis amps w/ dead inputs. It surprises me how those shops even stay in business.

(oh, got word from NickV today that one of those amp-killing shops has a full store closeout going on...guess it was just a matter of time)

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 883
Knu and PG have always been awesome for me.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4076
D@mn Nick... I need a set of those cables to hook up to my Dual DVD H.U. and Legacy amps.

lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15599
havent used a ton of brands to make much comment on

stinger level 2 works good 4 me in my ride ...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10705
Stingers is what i'm running also.

The only thing i've really learned about RCAs is don't buy the super cheap ones. I had a set of scoshe efx ones break, what a pain in the azz having to take all the interior apart again just to run new RCA cables. Won't make that mistake again.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2807
haha yea i had a cheap set back when i first got my zx750.1, b@stards broke off in my amp lol.

I can get some rockford rca's through my work (bb) for a good price. they don't have 4 channel ones though which is really dumb, but for the price I will try them and see how they work, gonna have to buy 3 pairs though lol.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 441
Monster cable micro xln and xln pro..

The pro's take some effort to remove once connected.

Their build quality is similar to the street wire zero noise cables.

They removed more induced noise than the stinger nitros i had previously.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
But they're monster cable, which is run by a complete doushebag and i will do whatever i can NOT to give them my money. I will advise others to do the same.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7430
who still uses rcas? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us