Speakers for Pioneer DEHP5100ub

Username: Toblerone

Post Number: 2
Greetings all, finally upgraded the factory head unit with a new pioneer and was wondering if there is any suggestion for a good pair of strong bass speakers. I have a 2002 bmw, with the new head unit, the factory speakers simply cant handle it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Username: Jjevans

Greenville, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2
I am fairly new here so take my input worth a grain of salt. I know everyone here is big time into high end components, but us guys who are happy with a 200 watt HU can't push those. I got a Pioneer DEH-P3100UB (same amp as yours) and got lucky as hell on the first cheapskate try. I paired it with some Pioneer TS-A6962R 6x9s. Holy cow is the base deep, broad, and even loud for just a Pioneer HU. Not as much treble as I wanted but I'm getting front components to take care of that and will use the low pass to weed them out altogether eventually. If you want more treble than I have, try the TS-A6963R 6x9s instead. I just posted a little while ago asking for help selecting the front components. If I get any good answers, they will probably apply to your setup as well.
I think us lower level guys are left to do our own research and trial/error to help each other out. I think questions that don't involve serious amperage are pretty boring to the guys who are really into the audio scene. Good luck. These Pioneer MOSFET 50 head units really are under appreciated. They put out big sound if you don't overwhelm them with beefy speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us