Acura 2006 tsx speaker upgrade

Username: Subfree12

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,first post. want to upgrade oem speakers in the 06 tsx. I rushed and changed speakers before joining/reading this very informative forum. Currently have polk db651(6.5) coaxials front doors with polk 1001 (1in)tweets dash,oems drivers back doors,JL vr-690 cxi(6x9) in rear deak for lows. All working from 360 amp oem HU. Now the specs on the HU. Output to the front speakers is mids and highs,low frequencies rolled off,rear doors are full ranged but reading here states no need to change these speaakes,rear deak output is only low base. I need advise for best upgrade plus 4 channel amp. budget is $400.Need heelp

Bronze Member
Username: D2freak

Post Number: 35
could probably pick up a 4 channel alpine, or diamond audio amp for that off ebay... not sure on the powers of your speakers but I'm fairly certain for that much you can get a really nice one.

Username: Subfree12

NYC, NY

Post Number: 2
thanx for the response, I purchased a 4 channel jl amp, waiting to see how it works out. Also going to change the front door polk db651 to components polk db6501s.

Bronze Member
Username: D2freak

Post Number: 39
jl wouldn't of been my choice, they're good amps, descent product but way over priced
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us