Cant decide what sub for the life of me!!

Bronze Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 73
for the last couple days i browsed around trying to find a new sub to buy. currently i have a re mx 12" and a rockford T2000. running the amp at 2 ohms so im guessing the mx is gettin about 1600-1700wrms. i got the btl buy page open but cant seem to purchase it cause i dont wanna buy the wroung woofer. my mx is in a 2.0cf box tuned to about 34 hz. its nice but doesnt really hit many fz. i want something that more effiecnt and hits a lil bit wider of fz, and for it to be louder then my mx. i can only do a 3 cube box max after woofer and port dis. i was thinkin about gettin 2 10's and porting them. maybe 2 fi bl's. i dont think i can fit a 15". i would rather have a 12 then 2 10's though. my budget is around 700 usd but that has to include shipping to canada. ive narrowed down a couple

1. re xxx
2. fi btl or q
3. audio pulse revo
4. 2 10" fi bl's

of coarse i would port and tune either sub to its best recommendations.

if i could get a couple good opinion's to help me decide please

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6444
whats the max box dimensions you can do

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2562
So are you going to wire it to 1 ohm with the new sub(s)? If so I vote Audiopulse Axis. Parts express has the 12" Q1 ohm for Like $380 or something.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2646
quad 1 ohm means wiring to .25 or 4 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14910
i think if u design a better sub for ur MX it wud sound better

1 15 XXX will be killer looows - btl or DD3500 for a mix of loud\low ...

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 74
max dims i can do are 14.5h/35w/17d/. yeah i would wire either setup to 1 ohm, except if i got one single q or bl. im thinking about the axis for sure, if i could fit a 15" i would do it for sure but i got a 2 door cavalier and the space i got to work with is limited to those dimensions. im taking it that u meant box for my mx rovin:p and if so what would u recommend i biuld?

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 75
just lookin on parts express, i could get that quad 1 and hook up 2 coils in series so my 4 1 ohm coils just turned into 2 2 ohm coils. then run those 2 parallel to give me 1 ohm? i think this would work. anybody else think the axis would be a good choice?

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 76
bump, sry guys i just wanna get another opinion before i buy it. i dont know how many parts express has and it seems like to good a deal to pass up

Bronze Member
Username: Hamsamich9

Post Number: 76
If you can fit a 15Q i highly recommend it. I've had one for about 4 months now and i could.t be more satisfied. Clear crisp sound with a wide range of notes.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3158
how bout a 15" TC3k

Bronze Member

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 77
cant fit a 15" sub

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2563
"quad 1 ohm means wiring to .25 or 4 ohm"

^As well as 1 ohm.

Wayne- Yes you can wire it like that.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

U.S.

Post Number: 75
dude i feel like the box cu ft. that you currently have is way too small for that sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us