Chrysler 300 m. help any1!!!

Gold Member
Username: Mike_16

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1087
ok so no1 is responding to my threads . ok hooked up an aftermarket h/u . tuner works everything is fine. now my ? is when i put a cd i get no sound! all wires hooked up right. ppl were saying mayne the stock amp well i unhooked it and nothing u need it hooked up to get the sound anyways i found out. this is only 1 of the problems why the cd player is playign the cd but no sound. ok another we hooked up an aftermarket amp and 2 12inch subs in a ported box. ground sanded power wire fine and remote is fine. now the amp has no power. starting to think the amp is broken its in ghood shape its a rockford 900 . anyways i dont care about that right now mainly is why the cd player has no sound. its been 3 days almost and cannot figure out why. my friend is about to give up and take it all back out.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1088
just need to know what is making it have no sound when i put a cd in. what causes that

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2393
noone knows! jesus.

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 17
you have not given time for people to respond to your question and people are less willing to help you when you continually make new threads over and over.

from what i understand about factory amps in a stock system is that you have to turn off the internal amplifier in the deck and ensure that the wire that remotely turns on the factory amp is wired to the new deck to ensure the factory amp knows to turn on. i dont know if all decks can turn off their internal amplifier (i had some cheap ones in the past that didn't have that option). In that case you would need to bypass the factory amp completely. this is very important you cant have two amps running at once. this IS your problem if you dont have one or the other turn off.

more experienced people on the forum please correct me if i have said anything that is false.

you may need to bite the bullet and take it in somewhere to a more experienced installer.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1089
sorry about that . my friend is up here in town and he leaves soon to go back home, i was just impaciant. How do i bypass the factory amp ?. the other amp we installed is not hooked up right now anymore were just trying to figure out why the cd player puts no sound but the tuner does. btw the factory amp has two sets of clips i unplugged them thinking maybe it would turn the amp off well its needed to be plugged in to hear sound. So up by the h/u there aren't anymore wires besides a purple sinlge wire with i clip type thing on it at the end but that cannot be plugged into any of the other clips. I'm just trying to figure this out so he does not have to go spend big bucks on a shop doing it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i dont do installs professionally so i dont have any knowledge that comes with installations other than my cars and they have never had a factory amp with them. if i were to take a guess though i would say that the factory amp may not be able to be bypassed because it might not be manuf. that way. you can always run speaker wire from the head unit to the speakers and that will ensure that you are not going into the factory amp since you are running the wires yourself directly to the speakers. also maybe consider getting an cd deck that has the ability to shut off its internal amplifier. i have an alpine cda-9853 and it has the ability to turn off the internal amplifier of the cd player. two amps on a single signal causes lots of problems like no sound or horribly distorted audio at any level.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 902
sounds like it could be a faulty cd player

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1091
well . its a panasonic cq c53104 he got it from his brother its pretty new. and chris i had that same alpine cda-9853 i miss it but sold it for 50 bucks just so i could pay my phone bill :-( i regret it now . anyways..but no i doubt he will run all new wires for the speakers. that dont make any sence either cuz the speakers play on tuner just when u wanna listen to a cd they dont play sound. It must be something with that stock amp. but why would there be a certain wire for the cd player to play sound and then have a seperate wire for the tuner sound no i never heard of that. but u are saying that either way there will be two amps running and thats not good? the other amp we even tried connecting the REM wire to the power to the amp just to c if it would turn on. and nothign no power and the ground and power are all hooked up correctly. godd what a mess this is. im about to give up and i never do till i figure it out.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1092
i dont think the stock amp would have anythign to do with the other one at least having power its just a power ground and rem wire. and if u connect the rem wire to the power its just ground and the power wire witch goes to the batt. so how does that have anythign to do with the other amp being able to power on at least? not saying ur wrong just a ?

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 906
do you have access to another cd player and see if the other one works?

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1093
yes i will deff do that. i did yesterday but i didnt have the blue wire for the antenna hooked up yesterday. just wanted to c if the cd played but didnt. il try tom though. either way once i get this firgured out can i have the system hooked up without it messing with the stock stuff like chris said above

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 907
You should be able to hook up everything just fine without having to disconnect anything else. I have a 06 chevy impala and it needed a special harness for the door chimes and etc. I had no problem running the cd player and having the stock amp power my speakers.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1094
ya . sounds right to me. i was pretty sure that the stock amp wouldnt interfeer with the other amp seeing as its only connected to the battery and a ground and the rca and rem wire i dont c why that would mess with the stock amp. If there was a damm warm day thatd be nice cuz workign in my garage its still cold haha. and all the snow we just got today . do u have an aftermarket amp subs hooked up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i mention that strongly because having a factory amplifier means that the signal from the head unit needs to be low-level (pre-out) signal otherwise it will be sending an amplified signal to an amplifier. Either the signal going to the factory amp has to be unamplifier or the factory amp has to be bypassed to allow the head unit to amplify the signal.

If the tuner doesn't sound completely awful when you are playing it then I would have to assume that you are only using the one amp. Did you hook it up with one of the aftermarket adapters made for installing new headunits to factory amplifiers?

If the tuner sounds fine and the cds wont play and you already hooked up another aftermarket headunit and it did the same thing I would look into what 12volt wire is going to the factory amp to let it know to turn on. The remote lead for the power ant. only sends 12v's when it is on the tuner mode for head units(assuming that deck has one cause i dont think they all do sometimes it just the one remote lead). If you hooked up the remote lead for the factory amp to that it may explain why it only works in tuner mode since the factory amp is only being told to turn on when the tuner mode is selected.

I guess I also should have asked how you wired this up and if you used a PAC adapter.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 908
Yea. I have two amps and three subs.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1745
nice whip. i have one as well ;)

you gotta run all new equipment if you change your hu. the stock amp wont run off of the high level outputs from the hu. you probably blew the amp as well.

if you were keeping the stock hu you could add amps using a line output converter but not the other way around.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1746
or you could use the hu as the amp running new wires to the speakers directly from the hu.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 909
What vehicle are you talking about? his or mine?

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1095
ok. so should i just find what rem for the stock amp and just disconnect is somehow? will the speakers still play? cuz when i unhooked the two clips from the stock amp the sound was gone it slike saying u cant play music unless u have it hooked up. he dont wanna run all new wires from speakers to h/u . and its a 1999 chrysler 300 m. yes i did use the adapters he got them at wal mart and it is ment for this car. yes it also does sound fine and not distorted when on the tuner. its only when playing cd no sound . so what i get is that i have to cut the rem wire for the stock amp up by the h/u and tape it off? so shoudl i just get that line output converter to save all this time? last time i did that in a 07 saturn ion it sounded like complete shittt and in my sunfire i had sounded 4 times louder and the sq was allot better. stock h/u sound crap imo.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1096
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
no i'm suggesting finding out if potentially the remote turn on it is currently plugged up to is for the power ant. because it would explain the activity. the adapter you bought (probably the pac roem kit i'm guessing?) allows for line-level speaker outs so you are not running through two amps which is good. also see if the amp is turning off when you switch to cd mode over tuner when you do it. if it is turning off you have at least figured out the problem, and if not you have eliminated that as a possibility.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1097
ok ill try that chris . how do i fond out if it turns off if there is no light on the amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
if there is not light just measure the voltage of the line that is going into the amp that is telling it to turn on when you have it in tuner mode and then when you have it in cd mode. if the voltage goes from 12ish to 0 you know that the remote lead is the problem. if not then i have no clue as to the problem.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1098
ya i figured out to take the solid blue from head unit and just connect it to the red power . and it works perfect now cuz its not turning that stock amp on and we got the system hooked up

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 928
Thats good. glad you got it up and running

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
i did a bit more research into the wiring of the infinity systems and if you plugged the blue power ant wire (verified from panasonic radio manual) into the red power then i can not fathom how on earth that makes your radio work now. i also read on several sites that the stock radio itself for infinity systems isn't "activated" unless you take the solo wire w/ a male spade that plugged into the factory wire and attach it to the new radio ground so i dont believe from what i'm reading there that the stock amp was ever actually doing anything this whole time. and believe me if two amps are on in a car you know it, it happened to my friend when he was setting up his new stereo in his jeep and my god did it sound awful. like it hurt the ears.

anyway i tried to do as much research as i could and help you out (i guess sometimes you just gotta be there and see the situation since a million and a half things can go wrong). while i simply cannot understand how that possibly fixed it, i am very happy for you none the less. car problems are the most frustrating of problems. anyways congrats on getting it fixed!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us