Sub problem

Gold Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1004
built a new sub box for my 2 12" alphas...it 3cuft sealed(didnt have enough room in new vehicle, use to have them ported)now i new they wouldnt sound the same or be as loud as the ported...subs sounds poppy to me and hit low at times like the ported setup but then sound weird...what should it be tuned too on the amp..thanks

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2896
box is too small ur suffocating those subs ...

id take one out and utilize that space on one alpha with optimal space and power will help u outt

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1138
or u can try some polyfill

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1005
in that case i would have to get different subs since they are dual 4ohm...so ur saying its making that weird noise because the box is small...i put some polyfill in the box too...would that help or hurt it?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20033
If the box is too small poly would only help. As much as 30% so I've read...

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1006
so i was thinking today at work about my options and i think im giong to take one of the alphas out and put a new top peice on the box and cut out only one sub...so i will be runnin one alpha, now could i port the box now that im only running one..the box is 3cuft...i was going to add the port facing the rear of the vehicle and leave the sub facing up...or should i do both sub and port facing up(port would be wehre other sub was)...next question is it possible if i send the sub back to rd can they change it from dual4ohm to dual 2ohm? so that i can use it on my 1750.1 at 1ohm?...here are some pics of the subbox in the explorer so u can know what im talking about...only the caperted portion is the box the black platform underneath is to level it out and house the amps...

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2495
nice setup and yeah that should be enough for one sub ported and you should be able to get it reconed for a fee lol

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1007
thanks ill take some more pics later got a jvc double din and some infinitys in the front doors but cant be seen powered by 2 channel pa amp hidden under sub box along with the 1750.1,,,yeah i knew it would cost money jsut wasnt sure if they could change the voice coils like that...or if was jsut worth getting a new sub and keep the two incase i ever go back to a bigger ported box and run both again...should i email steve about that? and i was thinking about porting it too 34hz...?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1008
bump..

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1009
bump...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2427
dude, use periods.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1010
sorry maybe ill use some next time so i can get a response othet then use some periods...anyone have a comment that pertains to the questions i asked lol...thanks to the others who posted valualbe information instead of useless comments...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2442
no problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us