WALL IDEAS/ QUESTIONS

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2669
Obviously slot ports are the norm for B-pillar Walls, but How much worse can aero ports be over slotted? Would make the spl/daily switch a lot easier. how much preformance would i likely be losing (TL).It would lokely make fitting the port and 3-18's a lil easier also?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1335
well u could use arrow ports but if u have 3 18s u would need a min of 300 to 350 cuft port area. (not in the port but just the face or opening)
if u made arrow ports u would have to make a really big one or a lot of ports. i have seen an arrow port in a wall. it was just one big one.
i have looked into doing the same thing. the reason that i will use slot is because usually u r limited in a wall. getting the right amount of cuft and still having room for the port in front and adding onto that having it tuned to what u like.

well i say usually ur limited... i mean limited to port size. and if u make arrows it might be hard to get one big enough.

3 18s is big! that would not fit in my car ported!

if u have time and a tl try it out! who knows maybe an arrow port will be better! but from what i have seen big slot ports win, (in walls) but i have only seem one arrow ported wall

y do u want an arrow port anyways?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3564
"if u have 3 18s u would need a min of 300 to 350 cuft port area."

On that note, have fun walling your basketball stadium.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 802
and its *aero ports

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11176
Aw man, laughter was had here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2673
-_-

M.S. is needed (to punch a baby)

Dude dBLK....I'm not even ganna start in on you. Too easy, and I feel like keepin' my buzz.

Anyone else? (who has a clue wtf they are talking about- thanks for the effort.. i guess.)

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3673
why is this guy even giving advice? omfg....

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1343
cu inches. my bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 2676
And you are certain that I need a minimum of 300^3 in of port for 3 -18" Alpha's, hmmmm. How did you come up with that number? You know enough about the Alpha's to completely go against what the Owner/team members who have done all the testing and tuning are telling me? I highly doubt it.

for anyone else - I am trying to save space w/ the "arrow" ports The interchangable slot port setup is rather large and having room for that and 3-18's will be difficult to do in a JGC. I have a few peeps checking on designs for me, but I wanted some of our SPL guys' input.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2677
and I didn't even ask for port areas opinions. My question was about comparing slot ports to "arrow" ports in a wall.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2891
def dont need 300 inches of port for 3 18s ... alittle ridiculous mark .. id shoot for 150-200 max... then again ive never used an 18 but i have 53 inches on 15 and it loves it :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23290
i doubt anyone here has tried both in their rides. you can try and let us know. but if you want to play it safe and go with what you know will work, go with the slot port. you can make port plugs to lower the tuning for daily.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1345
with the alpha i would go with around 250cu inches. i am sure u wont listen to me. this is what i have always used to find that. http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

try out an arrow port. let us know how it works. i have never tried it in my car.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2379
after reading from what you said how can't you get "aero" right still.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2678
looks like the design will be a 4th order B-Pillar wall. Should have the design by late next week if all goes well.

Bronze Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s

Post Number: 34
These 2500 dd love 4th order good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2028
4th order is going to be your best bet mark or a true 3/4 wave design to keep it musical.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1346
that will be really cool. show pics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us