Replacements**

Username: Lalondtm

East Lansing, Michigan

Post Number: 10
Im looking to replace the stock door/rear deck speakers in my 2001 impala. the door speakers are 6-3/4" and the rear decks are 6x9. I want them to keep up with my 2 subs (kicker cvr12 400w each 4ohm). there is already an amp installed (im guessing factory??) in the truck for the stock speakers. I'd like good SQ, with some L, but i dont want to spend TOO much. any suggestions???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9838
Exactly how much can you spend. If you want really good sound and loud an aftermarket amp and a set of high end speakers is in order.

If you just need something to sound better than stock, thats not hard at all.

Bronze Member

East Lansing, Michigan

Post Number: 11
well i plan on replacing the speakers first just to get some better quality, and then adding an amp to juice them a little later so i can spread out the cost

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9853
How much..... speakers can be $100 for budget models to $500 and high for top end ones.

Bronze Member

East Lansing, Michigan

Post Number: 13
I'm looking to spend maybe around $200- $300 total for all 4 speakers (2 door and 2 rear deck) I was looking at maybe something along the Polk db series?? After I replace them, I'll look into replacing the factory amp as well.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9861
You'd be best off putting the entire budget on front components.... exige can get you a good deal on something, probably can get a CDT HD set. But I'd recommend saving a bit more for an ES set. Rear speakers don't do anything good... more on that:

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/rearfill.html

Those polks are not very good, and $150 a set won't get you anything great.

Bronze Member

East Lansing, Michigan

Post Number: 14
thanks for the link, very helpful :-) whats a good place to look at CDT?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9900
woofersetc.com sells then but prices are rediculous. Exige audio on here sells them for much less.

cdtaudio.com is the comapnys website

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1430
talk to Mike(Exige Audio)

very helpful and a great guy to do business with. i wish i had the money so i could do business with him again haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us