Best amp for 15" BTL fully loaded

Silver Member
Username: Themann

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 157
Hey guys,
This question is for my friend, he won't get an ecoustics account. He has one 15" BTL fully loaded one ohm in a fisher customs ported box running off two hifonics 1600 watt amps. He is wanting to get the most out of this sub and isn't feeling like he's currently getting the job done. So the question is what amp is best suited for this sub?

He is going to upgrade his big three, his alt, and get a battery in the next little while. Budget is less than $900

Thanks so much.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23170
first amp that pops in to my head is the kicker zx2500.1. its 2ohm stable so its perfect for that dual 1ohm btl monster.

very nice sub might i add.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14610
whats the exact model no of that hif amp - is it 1600wmax or wrms ? ...

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 158
it is the Hifonics BXi 1608D

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1674
i personally just bought the same sub and am going to be using an atomic 3000.1d i think that should drive it nicely.

Its 3200 rms @ 1 ohm. but my sub is a dual 2 ohm your gonna need something that does that power at .5 ohms or 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2112
The Brutus's are not likely doing the job because of the stock charging.. Both combined should put out 2500 wrms with proper charging. I assume he has one amp/v.c..
I p/u a rd5750.1 for less than $900. That would easily put out enough power at 2 ohm.

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 159
Alright thanks so much. I'll be sure to let him know. I can't wait to hear it with the proper charging. I have a BL and love it so I'm excited to spread the Fi around.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3921
buy a stetsom 7k. run it at 2 ohms daily...

easy decision

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2473
You could grab a RD 3250.1 and run it at .5 ohm. With box rise you will be in the 1 ohm area. Pretty good price on the 3250's right now as well.

Kevin
se_rdaudio@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us