Does Size Matter?

Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 1
Hey, I'm deciding on what size subs to go with? At the moment I was planning on 3 10's, cuz all my systems before were only 2 subs.... But will one 15, with the same power be as loud as 3 10's?? (mtx roadthunder's btw...)
I guess what i want to know is given the same power does the bigger the sub equal the more bass??
Space is not an issue...

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 98
Depends on what kind of music you listen to and what you like it to sound like. 3 10" subs will give you a nice punchy sound that sounds nice with all kinds of music. 1 15" has a slower response and is boomy. This is generaly prefered for people who like a lot of bass and like it to hit hard and drop low with rap music and rock.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 303
It all depends on the subs you're getting. Surface area and x-max are factors in producing SPL. If a 15 has a 15mm x-max, versus 3 10's with 30+mm x-max, the 10's will hit harder and have a tighter sound. I prefer 12's for a good compromise. Tens are generally more responsive, too, better for all types of music that require more punch (like kick drum) while 15's only really suit SPL competitors and guy who are solely into music with more synthesized, boomy bass (like rap/techno).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us