Need Help Powering my 2 JL Audio 12"W7's

Username: Socalwakerdr

Tempe, Az

Post Number: 1
Yo whats goin on.
Right now i have 2 12" W7's powered by a 1500bd Rockford Fosgate Amp. When i got this installed the guy at the shop told me that this would do the job, but unfortunately...it doesnt. When i run the subs for a while and a high volume, the subs suddenly cut out and will only get turned back on when i power down my whole system and turn it back on again. Then after a few min. it will do the same thing again. I was told that the amp was the problem and now i just need to know what typoe of amp i should substitute for my rockford one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Jon

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 21
My friend had taht same problem and there was something F-ed up inside the amp, so you might want to get taht checked out

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 301
The cause of your problem is that JL 12 W7s are 3 ohm subs, when they're in parallel it creates a 1.5 ohm load. The BD1500 is only stable to a 2 ohm load, so your W7's are throwing the RF amp into protection circuitry. You'll have to get a new amp unless you want to run a 6 ohm load, which will only put out around 560 watts to both subs. If you're strapped for cash, get a JBl 1200.1 and it'll push them very well, if you aren't, get a JL 1000/1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us