Wtf......

Silver Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 144
K so my RCA jack was screwed up. It was causing my bass to go from pounding hard like it should be, do barely pounding at all. I went to my local audio shop, and they happened to have a spare jack that they soldered on for me and charged me $20 for it. Well i got home, put my amp back together, and installed it back in my trunk. I closed my trunk and sat in my seat, turned my car on and turned up the volume. I instantly smelled something burning, also the sub wasnt moving 1 mm.

Now im pretty pissed at my local audio shop, the ones that dont even know who diamond audio are. I was wondering, is my amp fried? :-( or is that the smell of the soldering job he did? I looked in the back and my LED lights for my hifonics amp were still on. but that could just be because there LED couldnt it?

Well im hoping its just that the RCA jack he put in sucks.

Anyone got a clue what could be wrong :-(

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5521
why would you let him repair your amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
...? because my RCA jack was screwed and i dont know what the hell to do when it comes to that crap.

...my bass was going from loud to not loud at all. What would you do if you didnt know how to fix it and he said he could fix it?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2468
" the ones that dont even know who diamond audio "

Why would you go back?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1826
You could have gotten a new set of RCA's for $20.....

Hopefully everything works fine for ya! Don't go back to them...lol

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 218
I say go back to them and tell them that what ever they did messed it all up and if its damaged demand they replace it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8391
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6386
why not just post here first. sounds like he doesnt no anything about amp repair either. hook an ipod to the amp and see if it works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
well i went there just wondering if they might have known. He had a replacement jsck, and it was the same one as the one in my amp, so i was like, o wow they actually know something. Well i didnt think it was that hard to pen solder. Either that or the part is a dud

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
hmm, how do i hook the ipod to the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1610
just get one of these and plug it into the amp rca's

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-5MM-TO-RCA-MALE-AUDIO-CABLE-FOR-IPOD-PC-Y-ADAPTER_W0QQ itemZ130254745289QQihZ003QQcategoryZ48680QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us