Help on ideas

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 527
2000 mercury cougar. needs to be atleast a 154, thinkin of walling with 4 15's, maybe the HDC3 15's?? or 2 DD9515's or 1 RD superheavy weight?? lookin to have at LEAST 10k watts to push em

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1074
talk to dBLK... He's the new 4-15's walled out pimp-wagon stud.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1118
umm how much money you got? cuz that sounds like a big $$$

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2289
You are talking some serious stuff now. But a wall would be the way to go. I think 4 12's will fit in a wall in that car if not mistaken.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10233
You could go with two hdc 18's that would be more cone area than four 12's and you wouldnt need anywhere near as much power. A third 18 could possibly be fit in the wall but im not sure how much room you have because im guessing the 18's probably need 5.00-5.50 cubic feet net each but if you could that would be a lot of cone area and even three of those 18's wouldnt need anywhere near 10,000 watts.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 529
um cubic feet aint a problem, is surface area for mounting the subs, i think i can actually fit 4 round 15's, would that be the best?

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 374
We have a competitor here in GA and he is using four 15" Alphas with two RF 4000bd's and he is doing a score like you want on music and still is able to listen to music.

He actually told me it has very good SQ for the setup and port size.

I would only use a single SHW or a HW if your goal is strictly SPL.

You could go two HW 15" on that power and still play daily music on 10k but if you go single sub on 10k it will be a burp car.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 530
oh well itll be burp for 10k but turned way down for daily i dont think my car could handle 10k daily lol, its still a show car

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 376
HW's would be the ticket then. A single 15hw has no issues tsking 10K and getting great numbers in proper installs.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 531
how does FI hold up, im lookin at 4 FI fully loaded 15's

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 533
bump??? FI or XXX or DD95

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10265
Well I know two hdc 12's did a 149 plus for us in a burp box without much testing on 3800 watts in a box under the window line so id guess four hdc 12's or 15's could do the trick in a wall for the score you want given the right power. My brothers 12 hw did 145 something in a daily box under the window line and that was around 3000 watts daily. And we didnt do any real testing with boxes for that either. Im still hesitant to recommend fi but as far as dd we had a dd 3512 and that did about a 145 to 146 I cant remember for sure in a burp box but that was on 1200 watts and I know that sub had more to give for sure because it wanted more power. And I have also heard them daily and they sound pretty decent and from what I hear the 95 series is pretty loud too as expected but the sq isnt the best from what M.S. told me.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 715
my brother just did a 147.2 with a single 18" btl and a saz 3k at .5

that's with just throwing together a box in a day tuned to 32hz

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10267
Was that windows up doors closed on the dash with the termlab? If so that was a good score. What vehicle was it?

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 420
go with a couple 18's should hit around 154 no matter what kind of 18's you pick as long as its decent, get a set of 18" fully loaded btl's

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 983
i say no RD D-Money. Do the 9515's. And where have you been on aim lately, i need to talk to you about some stuff.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10268
Id look in the direction of dd too and go with 4 dd 3512 or 15's if you want more on the side of sq because ive seen 6 dd 3512's do 158 daily sealed up on the dash in a wall so 4 should do 154. If not and you want more spl and less sq go with the 9512's or 15's.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 534
well i need to hit as high as possible i say atleast 154 because thats wat the guy im competing with for finals is doing right now, and i know he aint done before world finals =/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10282
Ok if output is what matters most go with 4 of the 9512's or 9515's.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 536
i jus stumbled onto something

mite be 2 18's heres the specs

3" 8 layer flatwound heavy gauge aluminum coil
Custom Powdercoated Baskets with custom tooled cooling vents
Carbon Fiber Cone
High Roll Surround
Carbon Fiber Dustcap
8" super stiff spider on 12" and 15" sizes