AQ1200D Help

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1558
I just got my AQ1200D and RD Alpha 15" and i don't understand the wiring diagram for the amp its all hooked up but it seems like the amp is not giving the full power. I used to have the zx1000.1 which only had 2 - + speaker slots on the AQ amp it has 4 - - + + Does anybody know the correct one to wire the amp

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1089
just put the pos into either pos spot and same with the neg. The amp is setup that way for convience only.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1559
so i can put one wire in any negative spot and one wire to any + because the way i did it was ran 2 wires from the negative and 2 from the positive and then twisted the wires at the end that goes into the sub box terminals was it ok do to this or should i only use one wire for each

Gold Member

Post Number: 1090
either way... same thing

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1954
Just use 1 positive and 1 neg. I've tried mine every way out of curiosity, and it doesn't matter.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1560
ok so i did that, n it still don't seem loud at all like my old setup zx1000.1 wit hdc315....im really not satisfied at all.....i dont know what else it could be it feels like its only 500 watts....also the rd alpha i bought from steve miller for 200 dollars i got today and it was suppose to be a good alpha and when i got it the dust cap was hanging off and not glued at all besides the bottom part a little.... so i went out and bought super glue n glued it myself...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
take an ohm reading on each voice coil with a dmm then post results...

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1955
You bought a single spider alpha correct?

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1561
Steve told me it was a Dual spider, I just talked to steve on the phone and were trying to work something out.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1956
Well thats why it's not as loud. You need more power if you want to get louder than your HDC.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1562
well i dont understand how the hdc315 is louder on zx1000.1...currently im not happy with this new setup i thought it would be better...unless if i hooked something up wrong but i double check everything the amp is fine doesnt go into protection mode and the sub is wired down to 1ohm parallel. it feels like only a 500 watt system....i dont know what else it could be. my box is 3.5 tuned @ 37hz.....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4212
try this, dmm the coils of the sub. if you dont have a dmm, get one.
also you can, turn the volume down low, and wire each coil separetly. that will tell you at least if they are both working.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1563
wire the coils while its still plugged into the box terminals?

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 369
There are a few things that could be wrong. I am sure the subwoofer is fine or i will get you another.

Like i was saying on the phone the response should improve when the cap is glued correctly.

That sub with two others hit 162.9 with four 2000 watt amps. Here is a link with one alpha and a 1750.1 it does 146+ on music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DqRJ5y-w2o

with the box LxWxH you emailed me you have 4.8125 cubes before displacement if you are using 3/4" board.

with a 60sq port opening by 21.5" long. I will plot this and call you.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4216
"wire the coils while its still plugged into the box terminals?"

well i dont know what you mean by that, so do you have a dmm? if so you will need to take the sub out of the box to test each coil right? Unless you have a terminal cup on the box that has 4 connections and each sub is connected to them....but any way, if the sub is out of the box, dmm each coil, or wire each coil to the amp at low volume , just for testing to see if the sub works on that coil. its a work around not having a dmm.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4217
well, being as im lazy at researching YOUR sub specs, I assume from steves posting, you need more power.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 370
Ok with what you gave me you are tuned to 42.5hz

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1564
i just emailed u the box pic i got from the box maker...

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 371
we need to get your tuning down and you box size down and you port opening down in size. I will call you in a few with some options.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4218
nice vid steve.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1565
thats the vid i was talking about steve. that sh!t looks loud....i wish mine sounded like that... :-(

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 372
What kind of vehicle is this and how does the sub and port fire?

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1566
99 camry both towards the back. here is one of the vids i made from my old setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHq0xBAeKLM

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 373
Ok this is a much better design for the alpha.

17.5 tall X 33 Wide X 16.5 Deep
Port 16 tall X 2.25 wide @ 17" deep

that will tune you at an actual 37HZ and get you off the hatch a little bit.

It has a F3 of 33.5hz It should get ALOT louder then now.

Currently you don't have enough back pressure with an 60sq port opening and only 1200 watts.

Your current box is tuned and ported more like an SPL box. The Alpha would do very well with double the power you have now.

I feel that the subwoofer will perform much better in the box i provided. Worst case scenario we can switch it out to a single spider if the amp can not drive it hard enough.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1098
Now that's customer service!

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1567
somedonniedude what is ur amp settings at? because it seems like my amp is not putting out alot of power the sub is barely moving...and i have a voltage meter in my car and when playin my system the voltage barely drops it stays at 13v and usually on my old setup its like at 11v....i have a 120amp anl fuse hooked up to it. my 4 gauge wires dont also fit in the ground or power terminals.....

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1959
My gain was at 3/4 way, but my old HU had really low voltage output. SSF @ 0 and LPF @ ~80hz. Try turning the sub level down a bit on the HU to make sure your HU isn't clipping, see if it results in more output.

^^I'm assuming your using the amp remote to detect for clipping?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us