OT....ways to make money!!!!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21554
lets hear some ideas guys. i know this forum is full of intelligent and creative people so what are some ways to make some money on the side.

needs to be legal so slanging herbs are anything in that nature. also no selling of bodies and crap like that. hahaha.

so lets hear some ideas. it could be an online business or offline stuff. post them.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 936
well becuz it is arround fourth of july open a firework stand even though it might be a little late. mow lawns, do installs, open a 90rn site, sell you car eq lol jk. thats all i can think off oo second job or even third job lol if you really despirate

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2521
flip sports tickets chad

Username: Grayalien

Post Number: 5
no selling of bodies huh? how about just renting them out? lol

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1777
Open up an ebay store??? You could always buy stuff on ebay in bulk, then split it up and resell it on ebay. Look in local pawn shops or flea markets for stuff.

I few years ago I use to buy broken video game consoles, mainly PS2's. I would fix em and turn to ebay to get rid of them. I know a guy who buys Ipods in bulk from stores (defective or broken returns) and he fixes them and sells them on ebay.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17275
Keep up on local listings like Craigslist. There's a ton of ppl trying to get rid of stuff for pennies on the dollar. I picked up a $300 shelf stereo system for $25 because the woman "thought" it didn't work. All it needed was a $.10 piece of wire for the FM antenna.

Just picked up another 300w Sharp shelf unit because a man bought it for his mother who could never figure out how to use it. Brand new for $50.

You can find hidden treasures on Craigslist and even in the local paper. Turn them around and sell them on Ebay or take them down to the flea marts during the weekends. Ppl make a living doing this believe me. Have you ever put anything out on the curb and within an hour it's gone? Now you know why.

Both the stereos I listed I could make $100 profit each if I didn't have kids who wanted them lol.

Not bad for a $75 investment.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17277
Another example. Here's a Wurlitzer piano for free! All you need to do is come and get it. You see hot tubs like this also. They just want it gone. Their loss is your gain.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/zip/736709701.html

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5264
x2 on craigslist.. i buy and resell from there all the time..

or yard sales.. last one i went to i picked up a set of rims for $100 .. i asked the lady what the bolt pattern was and she said they were 15"s.. LOL

...they were cleary 18"s and 5x114.3 .. long story short i sold them for $300 for a quick sale

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17281
Yup. I only wish I had more free time to dive into it more. With kids and a full time job it's rough. There's money out there!!!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4112
invest in a bio diesel still, and sell bio diesel out of your garage. Get free used oil from fast foor resturants to use.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17284
Where can I pick one up and what's it run?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2111
You could sell cookies or lemonade :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4198
Set up a booth on the street and charge people $50 to shake your hand.
Because everyone knows Chad Lee is the best Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6482
Sell 'carbon credits' to industry...lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5266
i know someone who sold fake insurance cards.. oddly enough it was legal because on the back in the small print it said it was not a valid proof of insurance ect.. so basically people were just buying a piece of paper lol

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21558
bunch of good ideas.

kevin holden, if i can hire like 20 kids and put 2 on each lemonade stand, i can make some money. lol.

brad, 50 bux is a bit high. 45 bux should do. lol.

the rest of you got some good ideas. the craiglist and browsing yard sales seems like a good idea. i think ima do that on sundays.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 929
it's all about playing to your skills. For example, lots of people on here could do installs or build boxes on the weekend. Other people are good with electronics, so could make some money by fixing and selling broken computers, playstations, etc. And some people are just good at bargain hunting. they get up early and hit up garage sales, take time to go through pawnshops, etc. My mom bought a piece of jewelry at a pawnshop for 10 bucks because it was marked as "costume jewelry". Turned out to be made out of real diamonds and saphires.. appraised at 3 grand. Unfortunately i cant get her to sell it.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1060
i do handyman work and some landscaping

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6292

quote:

invest in a bio diesel still, and sell bio diesel out of your garage. Get free used oil from fast foor resturants to use.

that is illegal, plus could run into some serious law suits.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9960
Online poker.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1893
sperm bank....

plasma donation...

Ebay buy for profit sell is great and educational thing. I have made a good chunk doing this.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2635
I know someone that sold a bug killer that was gaurenteed to work properly when used correctly and would last a lifetime if cared for properly. it used no batteries and almost anyone could use it with ease. sold for 10 bucks each through newspapers and the local bargain trader...

This amazing bug killer was 2 pieces of 2"x4" cut into 2" long pieces with a piece of paper that said "place bug on one piece of wood and smush with the other piece." He made a lot of money really quick but after a few weeks people started hearing about it and quit buying.

Just gotta be creative

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6485
Run a newspaper add:

Guaranteed method to make money!
Only $5 for this life changing info kit.

When you get the $5, send the buyer a letter w/ a paper that reads:

GET A JOB.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1408
haul scrap metal. You see a washer/dryer beside the road- pick it up and scrap several at a time.

Do installs or builds for people.

Mow lawns- always someone too lazy in your neighborhood. They'll pay you to use their mower and gas!

Check out storage container auctions. Buy a whole container for next to nothing and ebay/flea market the stuff. I got a whole big trash bag full of car audio stuff and made a fair bit of cash. Cost to me was practically $0. I found graphic eqs, face plates, wiring kits, all of which sold for over $45 a piece.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 408
scrap metal fellas

Bronze Member
Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 95
i made bank giving guitar lessons... i barily knew how to play back when i was 16 but i knew a bunch of soccer moms who were easy to impress and wanted their kids to play. after a year i had 13 clients.. 20-40 bucks per lesson per week. best job ever but required a bunch of coffee and red bull to teach a 6 year old how to play yankee doodle for an hour.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4087
Chad, you can offer your s3xual services on craigslist. Or you can just strip dance for them. I'm sure theres plenty of old women out there that would love for you to service them.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17288
I would say sell autographed subs Chad but chances are they were all once yours anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4116
get a job at a concert venue. Easy money, and see a lot of free shows. Take cash bribes to upgrade ppls seats.

Door man at a night club. Take cash bribes to let ppl in.

get a job doing some sort of cleaning thing for like $10 an hour, then sub out the job to an imigrant for $5 an hour. Then make $5 an hour doing nothing. Take cash bribes or you will call INS.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1423
i may have to start building boxes to pay for the atlanta trip.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 492
I've been doing Ethanol for a while now, I have been getting paid to show others how! I make my units with 55 gallon steel drums and use the "Robert Warren Still" We did an average for the last 4 runs it came out $2.28 a gallon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us