Pioneer Premier Settings

Silver Member
Username: Xfacta82

Post Number: 130
I have a pioneer premier HU. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the settings I should set for it such as the HPF, etc. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1267
hpf roughly 100hz or 120hz, bass filter 80 hz. that should be fine it's what mine are at, you can tune anything higher or lower from there except bass leave that at 80hz. bass boost also don't use , not needed , sla i wouldn't go 1 or 2 higher if you need it if not leave it at 0. the rest of the settings you shouldn't need to touch.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Why do I need the hpf at 100? When I put it at that, the lower end seems to disappear and I dont get much bass and it seems drowned out. Also, what is sla? I have that setting but what does it control?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1268
a 100 to 120 on high pass helps remove bass from your speakers this is done if your running the speakers off a stereo amp not the headunit so u don't over tax your speakers with bass after all thats what a wooofers is for. sla is sound level audio that is used to boost your incoming signals sound and sould only be used for things that are lacking like aux input.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
I do not have a subwoofer. I have cdt components running off a four channel amp and cdt 6 by 9's running off the hu in the back. So since I do not have a sub, what should I keep the hpf on?

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1283
well at that point you probably will be fine to leave it off as long as it dosen't sound distorted your fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us