Opinions on the Avic-D3

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 289
Been lookin around at some built in screens and this is the one i like so far. Anyone know about them. Are they worth $800?

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2475
I PERSONALLY dont like it but I know a few guys who love them. Before you make a purchase like that you need to shop around and actually use the unit. I have the IVA-W200 and really like it (minus 2v pre-outs). Its all personal opinion b/c the quality/features on it is good but look through the menus, play with the buttons and all that good stuff before you buy anything like that.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 859
i looked into it but heard the nav freezes on it i went with the kenwood knx5120 and love it

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
Thanks man, didnt even know alpine made a built in screen. Looks nice but only thing is no built in navigation. Not like ima be usin it ALL the time but for 800 i would kinda like to have it. but ill have to look at it some more.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 862
knx is built in which is nice take a look at it

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2477
yeah, alpines newer one, i think, is the IVA-W205. Basically the W200.

But yeah, nav for the alpine is about 1300 bucks. WAY WAY WAY too much for me

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict ... Level 2 pre...

Post Number: 2421
you can find great d3 packages on ebay. they have one with the wiring harness and dash kit new for 630 shippped.

it's not a perfect unit, but i like it for the most part. haven't used the gps or ipod connection yet though. i still think its about unbeatable bang for buck. i mean it has the ability to pretty much do everything...

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 1067
sonic electronics has d3s for very cheap.
My brother has a d3 in his car and i liked it. Plus the woman that gives you the turn by turn directions sounds hot:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
^lol...but andrew how would u compare the apline and the pioneer quality wise?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2481
honestly I used the D3 for 2-3 mins in a friends truck. To me, I didnt like the way the knob felt on it, it felt cheap to me but then again all knobs on CD players feel cheap to me.

Pioneer makes pretty good units IMO but I am alpine biased (in HU's) so asking me to compare something to an alpine is a little unfair.

Like I said, go out and use both of them if you can, if not, check out clubfrontier.org and ask those guys. A lot of them run the D3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us