Chad Lee

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2374
Me and a few more members are waiting for a promised video...lol...well a review would hold me over for a bit so i can figure out if the sub is for me

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Mach5Audio M...

Post Number: 2004
The thread "Chad Lee" should be a sticky.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20524
alright here is the review.

sub......audiopulse revo 15

amp......dls A6 1200wrms class AB amp

box......3.5cuft tuned to 30hz.

lpf............62hz
hpf............65hz

let me start off by saying this sub is amazing. i couldn't be happier.

secondly, it gets down low and plays well up high. the sub don't peak at all at certain frequencies and blends very well with the rest of the speakers in my system.

i listen to heavy metal with fast kick drums and this sub delivers. not missing a beat, this sub just keeps on going and going. was playing devildriver the other day and one song has some killer kick drum line and i was like wtf its insane. its like (((DOUCH DOUCH DOUCH DOUCH DOUCH)))

just the other day, i was listening to santana's "black magic woman" and i was like DAYAMMMMMMM!!!! it was insane. now lets not forget, alot of it has to do with the fact that i love my component set.

i also listen to the trance/techno station on my xm. this sub sounds sooooooo smooth and soothing on trance while beating the hell out of your brain on some fast techno. honestly i used to listen to alot of trance in the past before i got in to car audio systems. but after i got in to subs and stuff, i kinda stopped listening to trance cause the way the subs sounded on them. not now though. with the revo i am cranking up the trance station all the time.

now to the music you guys like alot.......bass songs.

tried out some young jeezy and some lil jon. young jeezy has some low bass while lil jon has bit higher but louder bass. it plays loud on both. it don't matter. on young jeezy the bass gets donw low and makes you feel stupid. like you dont know whats going on cause the bass is shaking the sh!t out of your brain. when i put the song "da blow" or "in da club" by lil jon, i was like DAYAMMMMMM again. lol.

so in conclusion, i am very happy with this sub.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2376
do u think it would be as loud as 2 12" SDC2.5's? cuase it would cost like 100 bux more

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20525
you know i can't answer that. i've never heard those subs. lets just say the revo gets loud though.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 281

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20527
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3895
I gotta hear it this sunday! Hearing your setups always makes me want to get better stuff.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20528
berny i got some fiberglass cloth left over from before so ima use that.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2377
well what would u compare it to from what u have heard

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20530
i would imagin 2 12s would be louder than 1 15. i am just a 1 15 type of guy.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4422
Hey Chad, Is your LP/HP filter a typO or ? If your box is tuned to 30hz, your sub amp HP filter (SS) should be set between 25-30hz. Just curious... Hey also I have a question, when you had your SX 900.2, did it have a turn on click (relay)? Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 644
i call dibs on this sub when chad sells it.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20537
polo the hpf i am referring to up there is for the mis. my ssf is set at little below 30hz.

also i don't know what you mean by turn on click relay.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4423
alright here is the review.

sub......audiopulse revo 15

amp......dls A6 1200wrms class AB amp

box......3.5cuft tuned to 30hz.

lpf............62hz
hpf............65hz

Looks a bit goofy to me lOl. What I meant click is if you listen to an amp turn on did it make a "click" just before the output was audible? When mine turns on sometimes I hear what sounds to be high frequency arching but no smoke and no protection i just can't find it thought maybe it was the turn on relay but the fcker doesn't do it allt he time. Guess I will be disassembling it tonight. Hey if you get a chance try a bigger amp on that sub and give another review...Polo.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20540
no can do on a bigger amp. i love my amp. :-)

and yes the amp did make a sound when turned on. i heard a click then i started to hear the fan go on. maybe thats what it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us