I need port advice...

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 206
I built two ported enclosures for my 12" solo x's and moved my big system into my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Big difference in sound... Way less flex also.0nly problem is when measuring the cargo space..my dumbass didn't take the wheel wells into consideration.. End result..... Boxes dont fit properly. By making the new boxes narrower , will need to make them taller to keep the same 6^3/ sub configuration. Finally... My question...How would yall think it would sound with subs up. And Port foward....right above rear seatbacks/headreasts? How would it effect the SPL(more important)... Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 833
id do sub up port back if its going in the jeep

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 208
I would but due to the depth of the enclosures... The ports would be too close to the back glass...

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 836
imo that would build pressure and sound good but i am NO EXPERT so deff get more votes

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 214
to the top

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20491
try sub forward and port up top. it worked good in my friend's set up. the box needs to be pushed up against the back.

Upload

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 215
Will crunch some figures with bassbox to see what is up0... Thanks Chad.. Right now they are sup and port up. Man it f'kn thumps HARD. It actually hurts! It should bein the 150 Db. range. Wont know for sure till next competition. Also need to upgrade alt.... AGAIN.. 160 amp just isn't cutting it! I will put up vids when I get new boxes built and carpeted. anmy other advice will be taken into consideration.. Thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us