Crunch GP3000D-Pro VS US amps MD3D

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 292
which one and y?
does the crunch really put out more power?

do u know much about autoteck subs???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7166
US Amps is about 100x better than Crunch

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
i was pretty sure it was.. but looking at the price... would the crunch get out as much power as the md3d? or is it over rated?

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1447
Crunch isn't even its own company it is owned by Maxxonics which also owns Hifonics.. and craponics... Crunch sucks period overrated and just plane poo get the US AMP or another amp for a cheaper price

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6256
From what I have heard, the GP3000d-pro is rated pretty close to actual output.

May not be as clean as the MD3D, but I have seen some posts on Termpro where 3000's test at over 3k.

I have not used one though.

Bronze Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 27
Are us amps good? better than kicker amps?

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1448
U.S. Amps are prolly the best amps out there... Only thing with U.S. on it that is really good lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6257
Actually, USamps has kinda went downhill w/ some of their lines.

The MD's are still great amps though.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14124
^^Ditto

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1731
Yeppers, the MD is still a good line. There is a nice discount on those amps right now too :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3465
http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/20/13407.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
what about the autotek subs? any good or not?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7673
"U.S. Amps are prolly the best amps out there... Only thing with U.S. on it that is really good lol"

Lol...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19887
too bad its no made in U.S. though. lol.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1449
YEa i know.. the only thing made in the U.S. is really Crayons and Beer... lol... Miller Lite

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
and... FI!

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1732
I'm sorry, but personally I would never run Maxxonic subs period.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 146
Maxxonic owns MB Quarts, Hifonics, Crunch, and Autotek
Never heard a good sub from any

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3649
"Made in USA" is a loose term nowadays. Nearly all magnet assemblies are made overseas and a good share of baskets, cones and surrounds as well. There is a company called Eminence that is the leading manufacturer of OEM pro sound drivers in the world that is coming under fire recently for their trademark Made in the USA sticker that is on the magnet of every speaker they sell. Turns out that over 70% of the materials they use are outsourced from the far east. Sure they are assembled here, but some lawmakers in Washington want to change the way this is handled. There is only one company left in the world that actually manufactures nearly every piece of their drivers, and that is the mighty Ciare of Italy. The difference between .80 an hour and $14 is too great a difference for many companies to be able to compete in the current market that is geared on cheap labor and substantial profit margins. It is really nobodies fault in particular, and it is surely not easy to fix... it is just the way of the world right now.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1451
LOL like i said...

Made in USA
Crayons And Beer

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15646
"Made in USA
Crayons And Beer"

Funny stuff.

Actually with the increase in immigration, legal or not, the only thing keeping the work done inside the US is the minimum wage.

Funny. You think about the stuff here that's built by cheap labor from other countries. Soon it will be built by the same ppl in our own.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1452
Ewwwwwww then i refuse to by it.. Unless it was built by a lil asian kid in taiwan for 1 dollar a day LOL JK...

You think even clothes will soon be built in the US????

Possibly prices might go up, but i doubt it

Platinum Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4342
"too bad its no made in U.S. though. lol."

Too bad, no it is a good thing! All of the GOOD high output amps out on the market come from Korea. I would take a badgeless, no name amp made in Korea any day over a popular mainstream made in China or the US. Polo..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7693
"Maxxonic owns MB Quarts, Hifonics, Crunch, and Autotek
Never heard a good sub from any"

Haha. I doubt you've heard subs from all those companies period. I once heard a wall of Hifonics Goliath subs in a wall tuned to 30 hz and that was one the ten best set ups I've heard I must say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
i have heard of a guy that sells i lot of hifonics and autotek stuff a few miles away from my house. i might have to get a buddie and make a road trip to listen to some of the stuff he has

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 652
The Crunch model is supposedly a large step up over the other Crunch models. But is it on the same playing field as the US Amps model? Not sure, would really take a skilled amp tech to take them apart. If both do ratted power, then the Crunch should do more. Since the US Amps are on sale, I will have to update the shop then.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9127
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302180&highlight=crunch+gp3000d

Read that thread and the thread Joey posted above before you call the Crunch GP3000D crap.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19955
nice read yanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7702
Before all of you start thinking the GP3000D is the best amp out there just wait until a real bench comes out. Besides, I don't see much talk about efficiency, all I see is a bunch of a sshats bragging about power output.

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19989
but rob, those guys on the termpro are very credible guys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7722
"Ok guys, here it is. Depending on your battery set up this amp will make an ungodly amount of power. With a 12volt battery set up dropping to 11.5 volts the Crunch GP3000D Pro made 2850 watts at a 1.03 ohm reactive. That's 4 12volt batteries. If you can get the voltage up the amp will make much more. By just starting the car and using the high amp alternator (starting at 16.1 volts and dropping to 12.3volts), the 3000 made 3732 watts. That's crazy isn't it. THAT'S NOTHING! I hooked it up to a 16volt battery set up and it just went crazy! With the battery voltage dropping to 15.7 volts with a 1.4 ohm reactive this monster made 4640 usable watts. NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!"

Well from what's posted here I'm not too impressed and someone also mentioned the numbers were at 10% THD.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7723
How can you consider a "12 volt" system that sits at 16.1 volts with the engine running 12 volt system?

Diamond Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 19992
well not everyone. lol.

Platinum Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4345
I would honestly try one. That has the same build quality and components as my Z1a and my IA 40.1 . No worse than anyone else buying no named amps from Korea and having badges placed upon them calling them there own. At least the Crunch is affordable... JMHO.Polo

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7212
" Well from what's posted here I'm not too impressed and someone also mentioned the numbers were at 10% THD. "

X2 thats terriable

Gold Member

Post Number: 3473
($450)Crunch GP3000D-Pro(THD 1% 14v 3400 watts)

Thats focking great^^^^^

Not that this matters but my brothers friend has a Crunch GP2500D on a Memphis MOJO 12" and it is bangin.

Platinum Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4346
Just by looking at it I can tell you it isn't 10% but a standard class D 1%, as are all the others. Polo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7742
"Not that this matters but my brothers friend has a Crunch GP2500D on a Memphis MOJO 12" and it is bangin."

Haha, the 2500 puts out like 1,000 watts though. Where did you get that price? The MSRP is like 1200 isn't it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 7743
Well, I just did some looking around and it is around $500 here and there. Assuming it does rated power and is decently efficient and doesn't blow up I'd say it's a good buy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 3474
Yeah the GP2500D puts out around 1000-1200 watts but hey for a $229 thats not bad.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&Manufactur erID=612

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1971
"Maxxonic owns MB Quarts, Hifonics, Crunch, and Autotek
Never heard a good sub from any"

Haha. I doubt you've heard subs from all those companies period. I once heard a wall of Hifonics Goliath subs in a wall tuned to 30 hz and that was one the ten best set ups I've heard I must say"

hiifonics aint that bad.my 1606d makes my sx bump hard.& i could crank it more.considering the newer brutus amps are 90% effecient im not complaining

Platinum Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4347
Is remember when MB Quarts first came out they started with components and they sounded like subs, could not believe all that sound came from them. Unfirtunately I could never afford them anyways, they were that expensive... Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us