Yanks SI Mag 15 Dual Ported Box

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 585
Right Click & View Image ( I don't know why there showing up all fugly looking )

The design we talked about as to the subwoofer maintaining the top angle that was to the template was not possible given the volume that the enclosure needed to be to bring it down to 3.5 cu.ft. net volume.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The idea and function of this design overcomes the problem with Yanks install area Scion in the back doing a ported enclosure.

The ports are designed as such in order to fire up and over the seat back head rests which are 1" below the port openings.

The rest of the design given where the subwoofer is located is mounted up firing down between the slot ports.

This one is for Sean & Scott:

Upload

I was thinking of making enclosure with a removable Loading Board as whether is would improve or hinder the bass response/performance of the design.

Thoughts/Input?

Plus, it would hide the subwoofer from view when looking into the rear area from outside the car.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7404
Neat designs.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 179
looks nice

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8925
That is awesome Phil. I really like how that looks.

You save that plan for when I'm ready for it. I can't wait lol.

Phil ftmfw

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1075
it's worth a try, in theory it should act like a loading wall

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8485
"I was thinking of making enclosure with a removable Loading Board as whether is would improve or hinder the bass response/performance of the design.

Thoughts/Input?

Plus, it would hide the subwoofer from view when looking into the rear area from outside the car."

I think it would hinder the output but if you want to try it you could because you said it would be removable and he could still use it when system wasnt in use but im betting that would get old really quick

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
Scott,

I figure I make it removable part, that way the next time we have a meet we can find out how well it does on the meter with and with out the loading board.

Plus, yanks can leave the board in to hide the sub from view.

Yanks, plan is saved in the database, BTW - your car is a Scion SC - what year???

Gold Member

Post Number: 8487
nice design by the way

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
Sean,

Well, I'll do the loading board as removable and if yanks get fed up with hassle of putting it in, he can just leave it off and remove the blocking it mounts to.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8927
It is a 2005 Scion TC.

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
Thanks Sean, it's the only way to solve the porting issue and if I knew the d@mn dimensions for the subwoofer, I could possibly angle the sub more firing forward rather than straight up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8488
yeah in the end Yanks fan is the guy that makes the call and what does it hurt to add the loading board/subwoofer cover it wont be hard to make or cost much more in materials and without it on the box its still functional

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8928
I'd like to try it out and see what come of it. If it becomes too much of a hassle or hinders output, then oh well, we gave it a shot and we'll know for sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8490
yeah im thinking tenths to a full db or so (it will hurt the score) but does that really matter in terms of it hiding the subwoofer for you...from the way you talked about spl yanks I doubt youd care if you lost that much but id still make it removable...my other concern would be possible vibration on the loading board but Phil knows what hes doing so that shouldnt be an issue

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8929
Yea, like we talked about, I'm really not concerned about my score with this sub. If I was, I would have not bought the Mag and would have gone in a different direction. I would like it to be removable just so we can test it out on the TL and see how it affects the score, whether it is a tenth of a db or a full db, just would be interesting to see.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1836
Yanks when did you get another Mag? Man 2 of them are gonna sound real nice. What amp are you gonna use?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1837
Ooops,scratch my last thread. I didnt look at the pics and I misread the title,I thought it said dual 15 Mag ported box. My bad. That box looks awesome!

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8932
I wish I had two Mags lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 589
Yanks,

If ya did have 2 Mag 15's, it would be possible to put two of them in the back ported, I'd just have to measure the space again to use up every last bit that was there.

You would have to come down on the volume per sub though to 3.0 cu.ft. at 30hz. Ampo placement would be a b!tch though.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1792
Phil that looks sweet...

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8933
I would love to have 2 Mags Phil but I don't see it happening. That would mean I would have to buy an amp that does at least 1500rms and I don't have the electrical for that much power and I'm not upgrading my alt or batt or anything.

Let's just stick to 1 Mag for now lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15045
Nice design. The port design reminds me of the intake of an 80's lambo. Wicked.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8943
Hey Phil, how wide is that box? Just trying to get a picture of it sitting in my trunk lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
Yanks,

It's 37" in width.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8944
Cool. Thanks Phil

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2214
Damn. Nice.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8958
I found your thread on SSA with that design lol.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8960
It's like an easter egg hunt....finding this everywhere now lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 598
Yanks,

Yeah, I posted it in the SI forum on SSA.

I also posted it on CA and ROE, if your finding it on other forums, I didn't put them there and would be interested to know what forum other than you found them on.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8967
Just those forums. Got a head of myself lol.

I posted it up on the Scion forum to see if anyone over there would be interested in a box like this for their Scion. So if you get any emails from random people asking for a box like "Yanks", thats where its from. Hope you don't mind. If you do, I'll certainly take it off there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
Yanks,

Hey, I don't mind one bit, post it all over the place if ya want too.

BTW, which scion forum, there's like a million of them.

Nevermind, I found it.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8968
Alright man. I hope some people over there like the design and contact you about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us