Stock market anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2492
im about to start investing in the stock market..does anyone else do it?

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1057
too risky for me i prefer scratch offs lol j/k

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4746
ive also thought about it.. ill be awaiting responses too :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1632
I'm playing the stock market game in my personal finace class in school.

My team is almost in last place. My advice wouldnt help at all

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6705
OT section anyone? I'm about to start posting in it does anyone else do it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2493
lol whatever m.s
but yea im playin the virtual trade game too in economics..seems pretty straight foreward.
buy low..sell high..
look ahead and take risk.the pay off is high..
and j scratch offs dont work for me !! lol

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 856
i do. my mom is actually a stock broker/investment advisor. if you know what you're doing, you can do well. if you try to use etrade with no experience, you're going to lose a lot of money. i'd advise you to talk to a broker or some kind of professional, if for nothing else than to get a grasp of the market and some solid ideas to work with. all these people that watch msnbc and think they're all of a sudden a professional.. lol that's where the horror stories come from. if you need any help feel free to hit me up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2494
okay imma hit you up..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2495
and i think imma use ameritrade.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4459
two words. mutual funds. they are much safer and have a higher average interest rate. This will diversify your money into multiple businesses so if one does bad you don't lose all your money. I think you'll find much more information researching on the web rather than on ecoustics lol.
Ameritrade is a great company. My marketing teacher owns his own ameritrade office. They will help you put your money into mutual funds. Also, if your interested, you can probalby get a job there and work your way into owning an office and then owning multiple offices. Just a thought.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 459
yeah dude im in the stock market game right now. all i can say is like everything in the stock market is pretty low right now so itd be a good time to buy. imo.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 731
"seems pretty straight foreward.
buy low..sell high.. "

Not that simple James lol.

And Trevor with the market how it is right now mutual funds have been loosing a lot of money just as the market has dropped. Mutual funds are ok if you want to loose a little but you can only gain a little as well and it is almost not even worth it unless you have a lot of cash. The only thing anyone in our age range sound be investing in is oil.

If you want to make some easy money without ANY risk, put your money into the money market. Pays about a 5% dividend and you don't actively own any stock of any kind so no matter what the market does you get your 5% plus the money is always available for you to withdraw immediately.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 858
money markets are solid and like SG said they pay good dividends.. but if you're not going to take a little risk you're not going to make a lot of money. however, like it's been said.. there absolutley no guaruntee that you're going to make money. like i said, hit up a broker or advisor and get some solid advice on what to do if you plan on investing on your own. investing on your own is a dangerous game.. you have to know what you're doing.

and like sg said.. mutual funds fluctuate with the stock market just like anything else. plus they don't pull as much gain most of the time.

and just because the market is low doesn't neccesarily mean it's a good time to buy. in low times you have to look for something that's going to pull some gain and rise as time goes on. oil is usually always a solid bet, but definatley not the only thing out there. if you're trying to get in the game on your own without an investment advisor then like trevor said.. definatley do research outside of ecoustics.. you can never know all there is to know about the market cause it's constantly on the move but it will pay to be well read. unfortuantley too many people mistake the market for a get rich quick scheme and end up driving themselves in the ground. definatley good luck for you though.. as lame as it sounds following the market can be pretty exciting.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5907
i don't have much, but i have some stock in a gold company. bought it at a little under $3 a share awhile ago, and now each share is somewhere around $24, maybe a bit less.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1531
You need money to make money and you have to be willing to loose all that money in a flash.

I played the stocks in grade 11 and 12 in a class, real stocks fake money and I came in 1st place 3 outa the 4 times. The last time I came in 2nd place.

Mutal funds allow you to purcase partial stocks, in the sock market you have to have enough to buy an entire stock. If a stock costs $450.61, you need to have $450.61 to buy into a single stock wheras mutual fund you can buy a piece of a single stock. Mutual funds spread the risk over a bunch of stocks, they are the poorman/low risk takers stock market.

You don't need tons to get into Mutual funds and they build you a porfoilo (or make your own) that caters to your level of percieved risk. On average a low risk mutual fund (over say 5 years) makes around 6-10% in interest. If you have a higher risk level you can go into a higher risk portfolio with a chance to make more but also lose as well. But over a period of like 5 years mutual funds gain you money as you spread the risk over various investments.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4461
You have to look at averages though. Yeah, if you invested in altria or berkshire hathoway 20 years ago you'd be swimming in money. But thats obviously not everybody's case. Mutual funds have a higher average interest than the stock market meaning ON AVERAGE mutual funds will make you MORE than the stock market. You need to be VERY smart to have the stock market work for you. If you want to learn a little you can also go on cnbc and watch that crazy kramer dude. He's fckin crazy but he knows what he's doing. boo-yaah lol

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 864
haha.. trevor i fu*cking love that show lol. you'd think with all the antics he'd just be some idiot using stupid things to draw in viewers.. but he knows what he's talking about. i usually try to tune in atleast a couple times a week.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3555
I always have around $10-12k riding on a group of a dozen or so penny stocks that I research. One thing I have learned over the years is to set your sell prices smart and stick to them. In the long run, holding on to stocks too long with false optimism is rarely a good idea. What I do is basically make my own customized mutual fund, and research for new prospects to weed out the sells. I would much rather buy a thousand shares of a dollar-ish stock than a few of a $300 one. If you choose wisely and update your portfolio you can do pretty well on NASDAQ. My dad bought a bunch of shares of BP (British Petroleum) in the 70's for a couple bucks a share and it eventually went over a hundred and split a few times.

Bottom line: Put in the work, have some fun, and never play with money you can't afford to lose.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3656
I had stock in a popular hotel chain. It split, Doubled my money, then sold it. About two weeks before 9-11. Used the money to go to Europe. The hotels have still not recovered.

If you have a way to invest in Cuba....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us