I'm so fickle.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4669
I can get a Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt with 13-20v regulator for my car for 410 shipped. I have a "275 amp" but the idle is weak. Should I pull the trigger?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5906
it's excessive so not sure. seems to be hit or miss with them. what's the new alt. rated at idle?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3419
Depends if you are gonna do alot of bumpin while sitting. How much power you running again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4670
Prolly running 3000-3500 watts and this alt looks like a monster.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6708
How good do you think the idle's going to be with a 300 amp alt? (hint, as regular amperage increases idle usually drops)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4678
I'm not sure. Its just when I had my Niche in I would have drops in the 12 volt range at idle, and my stock battery (though it was 4 years old) eventually stop holding a charge. I figured a new alty might help me. I know my sit fine with no equipment in and when I had my stuff driving around @ 2000 rpm everything was cool.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6711
What I was getting at is the idle probably won't be any better than what you have now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4684
Well he checking on the idle amperage and regardless the thing just looks beefier and I am weary about mine because of the way my voltage has been.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us