Help me with soundstage speaker problems.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1860
Ok I got a component set up front with tweets flush in doors. And stock speakers in the back.

Now when I turn the volume up the back speakers get very distorted even with the bass on 0 or below. So them I balance them only on the front speakers and they sound fine but I don't like how it sounds with just up front speakers so how would I fix this problem??? Would I have to get aftermarket speakers for the back or should I adjust my settings or what?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7260
Do you have your rear speakers amp'ed? You probably need to replace the stock rear fill.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 172
get aftermarket speakers that will do the trick

Gold Member

Post Number: 1871
Would I have to amp them up or jus replace the factory 6x9 . . .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1875
Bump!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19294
just get some that don't require alot of power and you are good to go. no need to amp it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1876
What's a good set around 100 -150 chad or whoever

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6693
Use a 6.5 with an adapter to fit the 6x9 space.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1877
As you saw yest 6.5's aren't the best bet for this car I think ima keep the back 6x9

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19295
jl audio tr series 6 x 9s are very affordable and will work well off the headunit.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4742
rear fill is pointless .. if your front stage is setup properly it should sound fine.. you try to get your staging like if you were at a concert.. projected strong in the center but towards the hood

have you dynamatted your doors? what comp set do you have? btw you prolly would have been better off moving the tweets to the pillars

Gold Member

Post Number: 1881
I GOT THE pg RSD COMPS the local shop has the JL 6x9's for 125 is tht a good price?? and they have TMA audio 6x9 3 ways for 100 they feel like beastly speakers (TMA)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13326
^^saved me some typing since i was thinking the very same thing ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13327
*my reply was in agreement with what kevin posted ...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6701
Thats not a bad price you really have to have back speakers

Gold Member

Post Number: 4745
:-) .. just save the money from buying rear fill and do a proper front stage.. i wish you were local so you could hear what a good soundstage is

too many people get car audio confused with 5.1 surround.. but if you want to be surrounded by sound VS have a clear soundstage and imaging then doing your rearfill is what you want to do but i'd just unhook them all together and focus on the front to get it correct

your ears are different than others, do what sounds best to you.. i just prefer a strong center/focused sound.. its just amazing.. a mini concert in your car :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8394
well im curious what it is specificly you like about the rear fill if its the midbass alone thats one thing...if its the whole range of highs and midbass thats another

Gold Member

Post Number: 8395
"too many people get car audio confused with 5.1 surround.. but if you want to be surrounded by sound"

the surround type effect is what I like about added rear fill (if you can get it to blend right for the full range of the frequencies at hand)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4747
to some thats what they like.. i compete in SQ at local shows so i just build it for competing.. anytime you bring sound back is a bad thing.. key is to making your dash a concert stage and having the sub blend in just enough were it won't pull the sound to the back

i love 5.1 in the house tho.. really brings movies alive but they are suppose to sound like they are coming from different angles.. thats the point of 5.1 hehe :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 8396
im not experienced on the component topic... but the experience I have had im having a hard time converting to just a front stage like Dwight is...but maybe I just havent heard a really nice front stage only setup in a car

Gold Member

Post Number: 4749
you anywhere near North Texas? :-) .. the best thing to do is get away from the factory locations and go with some kicks

Gold Member

Post Number: 8401
no im in york pa...but M.S has some nice cdt's I believe so ill get to hear them on the 15th

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 961
http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/Stereo_Imaging.pdf
http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/Staging_flyer.pdf
^what kevin is talking about
and he's right. don't bother with rear fill
also
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/rearfill.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums