SPL Car Build Pics

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3624
These are a few shots of a car in progress at Sound Quest auto in Worchester MA. The Owners been working on it . Things gonna be sick. 4 15"s.

Upload
Upload
Upload

And this was an install He just finnished.
Those speakers on the top side are EV, also a few more pairs inside.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 158
sickness!!!

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 757
ballin

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14645
WTF? Those two outside Kicker subs look like they're overhanging the box. Not to mention they're too close together IMO.

That first setup looks to be intense.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4706
im not even gonna say anything lol.. that spl car is a joke :-(

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1721
looks like from the last pic that it was thrown together in a few hours

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2353
WTF is up with the port on the right side?" Wouldnt that throw the tuning off seeing as its shaped like it is?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4708
he has the top portion sharing a port and the two bottom enclosures of the 4 has one on each side.. the guy obviously doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to box design

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7222
^It's kind of hard to tell what's going on from the pictures. Who knows...the top subs could be in a different chamber from the bottom and the middle port looks to be twice the size of the bottom ports width wise which would then be equal port volume but it's hard to tell.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1014
i would have to agree with kevin

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 165
From what I can see the top 2 are cut off from the bottom 2. the top 2 share the port between them. The bottom 2 seem to share the same air space and just have 2 ports of 1/2 the size of the top port. Im clearly not an expert but it looks all good to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4710
if your going to build a wall, do a common chamber.. what he has done is like stacking two ported boxes, wow :-)

idk, something about the work hes done that was posted.. it all looks cluttered and just thrown in

don't get me wrong for street beat itll bump but as far as numbers, pfft

not to diss on him since ive not seen all his work but from whats posted, meh

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 167
I stand corrected lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7226
Eh, I won't really comment on it because I can't tell what he's done there. I can KIND of see things but the pictures won't give you exact dimensions on the porting or anything. The Kicker setup does look funky though.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3627
Let me re-phrase the heading.

Loud show car build.

top subs share center port. Bottom subs, l/r ports. Doors are getting 14 Whip 6.5 drivers.
}

And as far as that kicker set up. I realy didnt get to close to it. But it does look like the subs are out of the box, lol. And thats what the customer wanted.. Not Nelsons (The Owner) idea.
Also, he had some roof dvds and stuff. Kids are in the back playing PS2.

Nelson does nice work, It all depends what the customer wants, and how much they want to spend.
That part of MA, ppl tend to want to go cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 157
"Those two outside Kicker subs look like they're overhanging the box. Not to mention they're too close together " Paul, i agree.

Young James, I agree with you as well.
But as for that car with the 4 15's in it, i'd like to see it again after its done.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1270
What 15's is he gonna put in it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13316
waiting to see completed build b4 i make a wrong comment .....

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 312
Judging by the last pic... Do those even work? What did you screw the kickers on the out sides to? From the looks of it I can't imagine that being functional, and if it's for show I would imagine a more uniform box for it all and more even spacing between the subs.

just my $0.02

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5632
"just my $0.02"

exactly what its worth.

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
Thanks for not being a d!ck driving, I know to only ask questions now, not comment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5634
only f\/cking with you

no need to become maddddddddd......
but your insulting the mans install, which i dont think you could have done any better...
fiberglass much?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3649
Well there chris. First of all, I did not do the kicker build. The guy who owns an audio shop installed it. His customer wanted that set up, installed that way. So I dont know why you would bash the installer. That would be like saying a Home painter suxs cause he painted a house pink. Thats what the customer wanted and paid for.
Secondly, the kicker SUV is not a show car. Its a customers who showed up to hang out. The first pics of the Honda are the show car. And again, Its a loud show car hes building. Just to show some of his products and install.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5636
thanks marc..picutures are always nice :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 435
there is fixed nothing else to complain about lets get back to talking about subwoofers!!! ha ha ha
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
reading through the other posts I didn't make any SUGGESTIONS that wern't already mentioned, and for some reason mine are insults?

good luck with the build

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1607
Looks cool, keep up the good work.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1523
The red box with the four kicker subs looks fiberglassed to me. Below the second sub from the left, if you look below it, it looks as if the sub comes up on a ring, which gives me the thought of the ends being on an unseen ring that extends from the box. Look at how the subs are angled.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1104
"Judging by the last pic... Do those even work? What did you screw the kickers on the out sides to? From the looks of it I can't imagine that being functional, and if it's for show I would imagine a more uniform box for it all and more even spacing between the subs."

here's ur answer...

""Below the second sub from the left, if you look below it, it looks as if the sub comes up on a ring, which gives me the thought of the ends being on an unseen ring that extends from the box. Look at how the subs are angled."

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
^^^I see how that is possible now, at first glance it just looked like a weird pic and that they were not actually angled.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us