4 10's/2 12's? HELP

Username: Juicyj43

Niagara falls, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Hey, Im new to the Forum...Thanks for any help
I currently have 2 Pioneer 12s in ported box 1000 rms each real power probably 800 my amp is Hifonics Brutus
2000 Watt Monoblock
Cant turn up for long periods so i wanted to switch to 4 MTX 10's to put less strain but hopefully be louder

Any help? / Advice
I only know a lil about car audio
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 305
do you have the proper charging system for that amount of power?

what is your budget for subs? and you want SPL?

Post Number: 3
Well i Drive a cadillac sts...the alternator is solid and the battery is very big although i have been thinking of yellow cap
Mmmm budget depending on what im getting ... Mid range for good subs....for both around 5 or 600...you can get almost anythin on a deal nowadays over internet

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 448
LOL CADI AND SOLID... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHH dude, you obviouesly don't know much about cars... HAHAHAHAH

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 307
jordan - with that much power you are going to want a HO alternator...solid alt or not i can guarantee that the alt is not big enough and adding a batt will not help.

Post Number: 5
NO Limit Soldier- In no way did i mean it the way you took it...i ment as in good condition (alternator) My car is built like a tin can and nothing more than a Fancy named GM

So a new alternator would cure my problems for my subbs cutting out? Why would they smell then?

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 311
you def need a HO alt...

the burnt smell could be clipping which is probably happening

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 4182
yeah a new alternator is your best best. it would be cheaper than buying new subs unless your subs are blown. look into iraggi alternators and dbelectic alts. ohio generators also make good alts. what do you mean by smell? do your subs smell? if so they are probably burnt!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13118
those subs should be able to take it so im guessing gain \ bass boost & other settings maybe set improperly ...

Post Number: 6
Well i think its just because I want them to go louder than they go. so i play them loud...the gain is at about 4 so its not cranked but i got some bass boost on my screen.
Im wondering if a New alternator like many of you have suggested would be better...
For somthing like that i cant just go into a shop and buy one or what? What is it that im looking for?
N maybe i just need to get new or more subs?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 450
i would say new subs... 2 12"s would be nice to have:-)

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 312
you should set your gains with a dmm and not use bass boost

Post Number: 7
I got offered a good deal on 4 10's that are 400 watts rms each...would that be able to handle the power from the same amp better so i dont run into the same problems?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 452
why do you want 4 subs? i mean do you want any trunk left at all? if not, why not just go with a BTL 15 or something that would be loud as hell LOL

Post Number: 8
Well could put 4 tens in a sealed box..BTL?
I just want somthing i do not have to worry about thats all
If this new alternator will help thats what i will do
I just dont know what to look for

Silver Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 314
a BTL is a sub made by Fi.

I have a 15 inch BTL if you are at all interested but I recommend that you get a HO alt before anything because your current subs should be able to handle that amp as long as you set the gains properly

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13121
4 10s of anything will sound LLLLLLLOOOOOOUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDD but it takes up alot of trunk space & weight too .......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us