Voice coils and motors

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 944
Do most company's build their motors to accommodate certain VC configurations, or is FI the only ones who do that? If someone can give me a heads up of what company's do or don't do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2141
you mean like you can choose what kind of coil you want with your sub?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 945
Not exactly. FI has their "universal" option so that if you ever decide to recone the sub you can switch to a different vc configuration, since each motor is designed to work to its best with that certain coil. So I was wondering if other companys made their motors the same way as FI did, where you can only use that same coil config as it was originally built with.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2143
oh i didnt know that. so if you buy a motor that was origanaly designed to be dvc4ohm and you recone it to dvc2ohm it wont sound as good or work correctly?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 946
I am assuming so with FI if there is no universal option.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 949
Bump

Can anyone refer me where to look? I'm more specifically looking into Tc9 and 3hp motors.

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 266
not tyring to be a d!ck at all but your going to have a hard time finding a top assembly for those motors...but ya might get lucky...as far as the FI....i dotn believe thet voice coil size changes or antything just the impedence....but once again i could be wrong since ive never dealt with them...but good luck with everyting....ill let ya know if i come across antyhing you could use

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

I get higher golf scor..., North carolina

Post Number: 872
http://www.tcsounds.com/support.php

the ones with asterisks have interchangable top assemblies. don't know if that helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us