Box q's

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1745
I'm building a box for my 12" arsenal tomorrow and I have to go sub and port up. first question is, should I put the sub behind the driver or passanger (port goes behind the other).
Next, I wanna use aeros but would a slot have more SQ? If I do go w/ areos what diameter would have better SQ? Does it even matter? Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 492
if you want it to sound better for you id do sub behind you thats how it is for me when im in the pass side theres port noise

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1748
Thats what I was thinking... Any other opinions? What about aeros vs. slot port?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1750
bumping for some answers

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17194
i like the port to be the farthest away from me so i would put it behind the passenger seat.

if you have space do slot ports. if you don't have too much space do aeroports.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1753
I have space for either but I wanna know what will sound better. It will take up the entire back of my truck either way...

So you're saying a slot would be best?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1755
So here is a design I came up with. It's 2.66 before port displacement. The sub will be inverted...
It is 14x13x33.5 (numbers in () are inside dimensions) and the port will be 3x12.5x25.8.
I want it to be tuned to 32Hz. Will this end up right? Its the first box I've done and I wanna make sure the dimensions are good.
Upload
Thanks guys

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1756
ump for some input...

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1757
thats kinda sh!ty. No one can look and say yes or no but can answer all these noob questions...

Come on guys

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1760
bump...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17268
not saying slot port is better. but i like slot ports.

that seems about right andrew.

for some reason i thought someone else created this thread and you were helping him. lol. that is why i didn't post anything afterwards.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 503
Just go with slot port if ya got the room to put one in there and since you shootin for SQ, it won't matter one way or the other which port ya go with, unless ya feel like spending the money for all the aero port parts you going to need.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1761
but time. haha. thanks guys. I' going to start this afternoon but it will be a slow build. I'm so busy I cant finish it asap. I'll post pics though

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1762
bout time. haha. thanks guys. I' going to start this afternoon but it will be a slow build. I'm so busy I cant finish it asap. I'll post pics though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us