Alpine Deck not keeping MEMORY

Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 1
What's up everyone? Hey I just installed a new system. This is a weird dilemma I have stumbled upon. Before I installed the deck, I touched the yellow to yellow, black to black, and red to red, just to make sure the cd player worked. Well, it did not turn on. Then I touched the two yellows and two reds (4 wires in all) together and the CD play turns on and the whole system works. It's weird because you would think that the deck would stay on constantly because of the continuous 12v battery supply. It shuts off when I turn the key off. The other dilemma is that the memory will not save. Every time I turn it on I have to reset the bass/treble/sub./ options. The last thing is that when I accelerate, I can hear a winding sound in the speakers, like a supercharger! Please, any help or comments would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3587
Check to see if your wiring is correct. The ACC/ignition is most likely connected to your 12V on the HU and this is causing it to lose memory all the time. The 12v should be connected to the 12V. The HU is always on with minimal power usage and the ACC/ignition is what turns the HU on. I would look over your wiring again to make sure. If you have no luck, run a solid 12V wire from the battery to the HU and run the ACC/ignition wire on the HU to the fuse box for ignition or acc. Hopefully this fix's the problem. As for the speakers making a whining noise, that is a common ground problem. I would check to see that the HU has a clean ground surface. If the speakers are powered through an amplifier. I would find a better grounding location with paint sanded off in the area. If you have two amplifiers, make sure to ground them in the same location.

Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 9
Hey I appreciate all the advice. I utiliazed some of that already when I was truobleshooting today. The memory wire was meesed up, so I had to recrimp it. My accessory wire was messded up too. I just re-wired the whole thing and it worked fine. As far as that whinding noise, I just ran my rca's sepertate from my 4 gauge. I forgot that interfered with sound, it's been awhile since I have done installs, lol. Thanks, Nick.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us