RMS fulfillment of subwoofers.

Drexel
I was contemplating purchasing the Visonik dual 12" bandpass box for my recently acquired car since I am a poor, jobless, 16 year old sombich... but this question isn't necessarily specific to my sub selection. Anywho... I was wondering what RMS rated amp I should aim to buy if the bandpass box is rated for a maximum of 600W RMS at 2 ohms? Should I try to get an amp with an output of exactly 600W @ 2 ohms or should I aim a certain percentage higher than the maximum RMS rating of the subs? Is there a formula for this or am I just an idiot. Because I want to get the maximum sound out of my subs without over or underpowering them. If I get a 600W RMS amplifier, does that mean I'll have to run it pretty much on maximum gain and volume to get it to run at 600 watts? And if this is the case, should I get a higher rated amplifier so I can run it at lower gain and power and still pump 600 watts or so to my subs?

sorry if i am a rambling fool. I appreciate any help or advice you all are able to give. -thanks

Anonymous
you can do either i would go with smaller amp full power just because its cheaper, and u say ur poor. but is it gonna be in the trunk cuz i got a truck and im only runnin 400 to each and i cracked my back window so if its gonna be in a trunk its gonna be loud as sh*t. oh yeah and u dont have to match up the rms ratings to the subs - its gonna be hard to find an amp to put out 600 rms X 2 well i kno audiobahn makes one but its wll over 500$

D to tha rizzexel, beoch!
I changed my mind... I think I'm now gonna get a 2 x 12" bandpass from audiobahn that takes 800W RMS. I was also planning on buying the intake audiobahn amp that puts out 800W rms at 2 ohms. Does this sound good? And yeah it's gonna be in a trunk. I hate that flipping rattling though... looks like i'm gonna be screwed there. damn it.

drex
btw... that intake amp is like 225 on ebay. and by poor I mean I'm pretty much too cheap to spend over 250 on an amp.

Anonymous
yeah im the same way and thats the same amp that i got the a8002t on ebay also.(im the same way with my money) its pretty loud, it hurts my ears but then again it is in my cab of my truck do its like right behind me but it is still very loud

Anonymous
yeah im the same way and thats the same amp that i got the a8002t on ebay also.(im the same way with my money) its pretty loud, it hurts my ears but then again it is in my cab of my truck do its like right behind me but it is still very loud
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us