Dd 2512 review? low end?

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 658
Hey how is the low end and the bass on those dd's I hear tht its kinda punchy which is not my favorite lol.
But I'm getting them regardless but I'm just curious how is the low end on them bcuz I know all the previous subs I've owned (JBL GT4,L7,L5,MTX 5500) were lacking in the low end like on usda whitegirl the low note it just wasn't there for me.
I'm still kinda curious on what makes dd subs so good besides the qaulity of them I'm mainly concerned about the way they sound I know the qaulity is great bcuz of all the reveiws I've read.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3976
my 9515s got low enough for white girl.... actually busted one of my boxs when i had a single 9515 ao hopfully its there

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13290
LOL...what makes DD subs so good. the same question i have been wondering for years...I got sum and im not crazy about them i sold my 3515D for cheap because it just wasnt my cup of tea..

Honestly if your concerned about low end...get another sub...any guy on this forum that is not a DD d!ck ryder will tell you there low end doesnt exist...They are an acquired taste, either u love them or you dont...also with all the DD reconing you see you would think some of that great build quality would start to show??

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Lol yea ur right about the reconing but I think its bcuz ppl abuse them in comps and stuff. But what do I kno. Well I already got a box made for them which I paid a lot for so I'm going 2 get them if I don't like em ill just sell em and jump on some RE SE or something of the sort.

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 13
lol everybody just wants to jump on the DD bandwagon cuz everybody has them...n yet i see alot of post about reconing too..haha...i got a HDC315 and im very satisfied with that and i paid half the cost of a DD sub.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 707
im not saying weather i like dd or not this is just a simple observation on why there could so many dd subs needing recones
i cant ever remember the ammount times i have heard this
it is safe to run 3-4k on a 9500
well i would think that they have a 1500w rating for a reason

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 14
lol x2^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
X2 what VT said

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
I mean what kyle said

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1100
I've had no problems out of my DD 9515. Has a good low end that can handle white girl in a box @ 38hz. I'm bout to be putting ~4k to it. Me and Canaan ran a 9515 on a wall socket for a good hour before it even bothered it.
Yes, DDs get reconed allot because of the fact they do receive allot of abuse. Most people will recone them before they sell them because brand new is so expensive. I hate it when people call good quality products a "bandwagon." They do get popular for a reason, and people aren't riding "DD's d!ck" when they talk good about them, they just are telling the truth about the quality of DD.

Silver Member

Post Number: 665
Well my box is tuned to 40 hz like dd reccomends but woodlawn said with the tuning of the box it can get as low as 32 hz whatever tht means. I don't know a lot about tuning and stuff

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12565
i only worked with 1 set of 2512s b4 & space was an issue in the install so lowest i could have gotten it to tune without port length taking all the space & box had to be facing 4ward was 37hz with 2cuft after port\sub displacement ....so the lows wasnt to my liking even though the doors of the car was shaking it just wasnt appealing to my ear

ended up going around 39-40hz then it sounded much more "fuller"

this was it & i just feel if the guy's car trunk had more space we would have gotten more lows off it ...
Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
That box looks bigger than mine : (

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12566
well it was 38 long x 16.5 tall x 18.75 deep ...dual 4ohms ...i tested em on my orion 2500d when i built it ....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5649
It seems that alot of people have the misconception that you "have to" build the DD-box for DD's. That is as far from the truth at you can get.

You want to build your boxes to the car/customers needs. Some like higher, punchy bass...some want deep 'in your gut' feel. I put a single 2512 in my roommates Civic on an MB2 and gets dam low. I stuck the TL in it the other day and he was doing 138+ @ 40hz legal on music. (Just stuck the meter in the car and ran a track, no testing). This is in a daily box ~2.35cuft tuned to ~34hz and its running off the stock HU thru a LOC. With a better signal I would do much better. (I'll get some vids of this vehicle in a day or 2)

The 2500's can give you plenty of low end, you just have to give them a box built for low end. The 40hz tuning DD recommends is pretty good for daily, but the lowest lows just won't shine in those boxes.

Everyone has to understand...the enclosure is 70% of your bass.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2361
I had my Audioque sd2.5's tuned to 32Hz and they had great low end with authority.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2138
i've never heard dd's but it seems like when one person with a lot posts says theyre the best, every single person in the world wants them all of the sudden and claims theyre the best
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us