Bazooka 6" 100w or 8" 50w

Username: Draacor

Post Number: 1
what is better a bazooka 6" 100w sub or 8" 50w sub?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1767
Well, preferably neither. What are you looking to do with a system? How much money do you want to spend.

Post Number: 2
well i am looking for something small, portable so if i want to take it with me if ibuy a new truck. I currently have a toyota tundra ext cab so i have limited room. I already have the 6" 100w but realized that i can fit an 8 if i want to but am not sure its worth it between an 8 with 50w or a 6 with 100w

Post Number: 3
im really just looking for good clean sound. I dont play a lot of songs with booming bass or anything, i just want it to sound better and pump all the LFE to one channel that way i can free up the other speakers for the treble. I figure the bazooka's are cheap, easy, and sounds semi good for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 995
then don't get either, get a quality speaker, and possibly order or build a new box for whatever different truck you may or may not get...bazooka's have sounds, but don't sound too great....I know, my step dad has one..

Post Number: 4
but just for arguments sake cause im curious, is 6" with a 100w amp better or about the same as an 8" with a 50w amp? I've always been of the mindset that bigger is better but that is kind of an ignorant approach cause i know that quality of the components is just as important but wanted to know what others thought.

one thing i noticed to is the 6" has a frequency range of 35 to 85 but the 8" is 35 to 250. Not sure how important that is or not. Im pretty inexperienced when it comes to car audio.

I think i have a decent deck for starters, and alpine.

Silver Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 998
I'd say get a 10" or a pair of 10"s and it will be more full filling than either the 6" or 8"

most 8"s just don't sound that great, but some do, depending on brand/efficiency, wolfman has a pair of 8"s that sound pretty good and get loud from what I hear, but I don't remember the company that sells em....

Post Number: 5
well i alrady have the 6" and am getting it installed tomorrow at circuit city i just saw on their site they have an 8" and was wondering which would be better.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1769
The 8" would be better. Most door speakers are bigger than 6"

Post Number: 6
even with the wattage difference or does that not matter too much with these speakers.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1772
With those speakers I would say it won't make a big difference.

Hell, I'm running two 8" subs in my car and it gets plenty loud. I've had people rather new to car audio listen and say it's the loudest they've heard. It's all about the install, power, and quality of subs. Don't necessarily be fooled by size. You will not be too impressed by your new setup though, at least that's my prediction. Not much power or quality there, not to mention 6"

Silver Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1000
^x2

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 841
Lol bazooka is definately a no no...

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 497
How much is the bazooka tube you are buying?

If you are looking for something cheap, buy this...
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=92&products_id=183

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1011
single 2 ohm right? I may pick up a pair or quintuplet....

Post Number: 7
i paid about 100 for the bazooka tube. I just had it installed today and like it a lot its just enough bass to make my system sound a lot better. Also i was really cramped for space since i have a pickup truck and didnt want to have a box taking up having the back area i do have. Thanks for your guys input tho i appreciate it.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1018
glad you like it

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 500
I was thinking about picking up a pair for my cousin for Christmas, since he gets his drivers license in the spring. But his parents would probably stab me in the throat right then. Altho it would be fun to see the expression on their faces since their anti bass.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1270
Draacor, if you're gonna go eD, get a pair of the SQ 10s.
Throw them in a small, sealed boxe, and you should be very happy.
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=106
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us