Got a couple questions

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 323
ok well one of my friends just got his first systems in his car but hes having a little problem and i dont no what it is even from looking at it.....ok heres what it is he has a 15inch JL(W3 i think) but and a sony xplod amp(real crappy) but heres the problem he has a stock hu and he didnt run any wire to the back of it like the remote but he hooked it uop some how to a fuse or something on one of his door speakers and the amp turns on and all but the sub wont turn on or make ne noise so idk what do u guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4087
does he have anything running to the INPUT side of the amp.. ie a signal from the h/u

he will need a line out converter if hes using a stock h/u.. or an eq with factory interface

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 324
idk i have np idea how he has all of it ran like there is nothing hooked up to the hu but he has like a converter or somethin that hooks up the rcas idk i mean the amp turn on but idk how he has it.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4088
kind of hard for us to help with that information tho :-( ..

really need more input of whats going where

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1204
I was going to suggest the same with the RCA's, check the rear of the deck (output) and the amp (input). My buddy made that mistake at the rear of his deck.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2038
tell him ill install it all the right way for 100 bucks plus cost of wiring and LOC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us