Check this music out....fa real

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1715
a couple kids at my school are really workin hard on makin it big in the rap game. i just want yall to listen to a couple songs and tell me what you think because im pretty skeptical, but hey i think their sh!t's aight.

make sure to click on their song "lil mama" thats their most popluar track

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=553052 00

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3954
Not really impressed. But then again rap is not my favorite type of music. I listen to some of it but not a real lot.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1016
Meh. It was ok.
Could have came up with another name though.
"Young D"...how original lol

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 403
they sellin coppies...come guys from my school made an album and was slingin coppies at school for 7 bucks a piece and they made some pretty good quick cash.....everyone bought one even if they didnt like rap....just incase they got well known later on.....if they sellin them i may buy one.....

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1034
Eh. Sounds the same as all this mainstream southern sh!t. I wouldn't spend money.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3867
"they sellin coppies...come guys from my school made an album and was slingin coppies at school for 7 bucks a piece and they made some pretty good quick cash.....everyone bought one even if they didnt like rap....just incase they got well known later on.....if they sellin them i may buy one....."

some mexicans from my school did that to, they made a killing, selling cd's for 5$ a piece made over $200 one day, plus if you were friends with them they signed it so IF they made it big, the cd had like 30 songs on it, most of them sucked but there was a couple good ones.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6960
gotta lotta dough is the best imo....got some sick beats....i think their pretty damn good compared to other rappers on myspace ive heard....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1718
personally i like the song "lil mama" but after that im just bored.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2414
my rap friends are better. :-)

dont do rap a WHOLE lot.

bbbuuuttt, some other buds i got play rock and what not, one of my real good friends just released his first cd. their name is "easy to empty", heres their site...

http://www.easytoempty.com/

and a couple of their songs...

http://www.myspace.com/easytoempty

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2415
that lil mama song isnt too bad. tell them to just be more original. quit trying to just be another G...

and you wont like easy to empty if you dont like the SCREAMING rock... i dont, but the bassist is one of my closest friends, known him about 15 years...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13130
Yawn...They not even spittin at all...Whats up with that???

Why didnt they take more time on there lyrics, delivery, and overall flow of the song???

Not trying to be an a.s.s but they need to step they game up

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1095
I chiefed with the lead singer of this band once. I only met him once, but I know his brother. He used to work at my favorite bar in Streator.

http://www.myspace.com/homicidecleanupcrew

Now this guy I know pretty well. Known him since grade school.

http://www.myspace.com/joemonahan

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2014
check out Ray Cash, Chip the Ripper, and Fat Al or Al Fatz from CLEVELAND BEEETCHES

Gold Member

Post Number: 1039
Oh, we're doing this, huh?
Check out Longevity Crew, WindchILL, Tha Key (can't find his songs anywhere on the net anymore, other than my Box, but I got 'em all), Dred Scott, Silent Law, Justice System, and Brown Company.

As for rappers I know, there's a dude who goes to my school, named Marco. He goes by "nostic".
http://nostic.podomatic.com/
"To The Beat" is the best, IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
yeah i been tryin to tell that he needs to stand out, he blends in too much kind of remids me of soulja boy ehh not a big soulja boy fan either...

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 404
well i give them credit for tryin to do something wit they life....i mean even if you aint feeling the music..someone out there might be......i got respect for anyone that can put something like this together...it's more than i can say for my musical talents..lol

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 420
like j noel said,& they might get somewhere,most of rappers first cds are crap

Gold Member

Post Number: 1046
"most of rappers first cds are crap"

I couldn't disagree more. Don't even think about saying "most".

Off the top of my head:
Artifacts - "Between A Rock And A Hard Place"
The Pharcyde - "Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde"
Boogie Down Productions - "Criminal Minded"
Longevity Crew - "Everything Builds"
Ohmega Watts - "The Find"
Eric B. & Rakim - "Paid In Full"
WindchILL - "I Have Arrived"

Let's go more well known:
NWA - "NWA And The Posse"
Warren G - "Regulate... G Funk Era"
Eminem - "Infinite"
Wu-Tang Clan - "Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)"

Need I continue?

Username: Marshalllbryan

Woodinville, Washinton Usa

Post Number: 4
Except they all had cd's or tapes out before those. Everyones gotta start somewhere, like slangin coppies from the trunk. Those are the first cd's they had on a label......may not be a major one.....but they still had money commin in from outside sources.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1047
Hmm, you do have a point. As it pertains to this, though, it sounds like he's aiming for a mainstream label. I think it even said something about getting signed to Akon's. I doubt it's going to get better. You know your hip hop, man. I learnt pretty much everything from Albumbase, but they are either having troubles, or got shut down. Do you know of any more good forums?

BTW, dunno if you like Longevity Crew, but they have a special going where you get a t-shirt and "Everything Builds", for $25 plus S+H.
http://www.untappedsounds.com/store.htm

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 443
man, that regulate..g funk era and 36 chambers are pretty damn good in my book for being first cd's, hell these days, i think its about the otehr way around, rappers kick @ss on the first cd then jstu fall off from there
Ja rule--venni vetti vecci
50 cent--get rich or die tryin
lloyd banks-- hunger for more
jsut to name a few, i mean theyre probably still selllin record but for the record, the 1st album was the best
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us